Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just sold off jewelry stuff. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-sold-off-jewelry-stuff-t131866.html)

valsma 06-20-2011 09:59 AM

So I posted an ad on Craigslist last week to sell off all my jewelry making stuff. Beads, tools, wire, books, ect. Didn't get half of what I paid for it all, but really didn't have to much of a problem with that because you never get back what you pay.
Both the ladys who looked at my stuff asked why I was giving it up, my answer I prefer quilting.
With quilting I can get fustrated and angry at the fabric, walk away and still want to go back later. Then relax as I figure out what is going wrong.
Jewelry making would give me the same feelings, but I never wanted to go back for any other reason than to not let the components go to waste.
Glad I found quilting. Now with practice I will feel better about my work as it gets better. :D

alikat110 06-20-2011 10:03 AM

My sister does jewelry making. I so prefer quilting!!! Glad to have only one major hobby, especially as it is so rewarding, comforting, relaxing, fun, creative, etc....i could go on forever

OneMoreQuilt 06-20-2011 10:03 AM

Welcome to the world of being a quilt addict!!! The addiction that doubles as therapy and does us good! You can use the money you did get to enlarge your stash or buy a new notion/gadget!!! Yes, I am an enabler.

blueangel 06-20-2011 11:25 AM

Quilting is very addictive. I also make jewelry but prefer quilting.

valsma 06-20-2011 11:51 AM

Making jewelry just isn't as rewarding to me as quilting. Becoming addicted, maybe. More relaxing definately.

luvTooQuilt 06-20-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
Making jewelry just isn't as rewarding to me as quilting. Becoming addicted, maybe. More relaxing definately.

Oh great.. lol I just bought some stuff - dagnabit !!
ROFL.. hmm sounds like i should just stick to quilting..Hee hee lol..

sueisallaboutquilts 06-21-2011 02:38 PM

I almost got into jewelry making but realized I had no time for any more passions!! Quilting is mine :D

valsma 06-22-2011 03:14 PM

I didn't need anymore fustrations than I already have in my life and quilting only upsets me occasionally. Jewelry making upset me everytime I picked up a pair of pliers. Bought some more fabric to start a Bargello quilt. I'm going to give it a try.

hperttula123 06-22-2011 03:17 PM

I have all kinds of stuff for making jewelry. The funny thing is, I barely ever wear them. Most of the time, the kids are invited to a birthday party and we just go make some jewelry for the gift. I can't part with mine. I don't use it much, but I already have everything and it doesn't take much time to make something nice.

calla 07-01-2011 03:24 PM

Also quilting is easier to see those seed beads have so little holes...........I still dabble however..........calla