Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just want you to know about this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-want-you-know-about-t136179.html)

jrharry 07-08-2011 05:04 PM

I am a 60 years young and not to active. Worked full time till last December at a desk job. Very stressful so would come home after work, have dinner and then watch tv and look at the QB. So the last couple of weeks have felt tired when I woke up and would start getting exhausted just doing little things around the house. Wednesday was out and about and just didn't feel right and when daughter took my pulse it was 130, should be like 70 per minute. Off to get an EKG and because I was having trouble with deep breaths, said to go to emergency room for some tests. To make a long story short, I had a pulmonary embolism, (blood clot) in my leg that traveled to my lung (size of sausage) just still at the top of the lungs. I am so very lucky to be here. I could of just passed out or passed out and never woke up. So I was very unaware of these small symptoms and just want anyone out there that if they feel tired, feel heart rate going fast or shallow breathing it could be serious. Please get your self checked out. Feel very blessed that the Lord has given me more time to be with loved ones and possible finish a few more quilts. Blessing to all.

Gaijin 07-08-2011 05:08 PM

So glad to hear you had a good outcome! Your advice is so important! Best wishes for many more years to love and quilt!

grammo 07-08-2011 05:08 PM

glad that everything worked out for you. We do have to count our blessings and be thankful for every day we have.

Airwick156 07-08-2011 05:09 PM

I am sooooo glad that you are okay and got checked out. And I am also glad that you are able to spend more time with your family. Hope you feel better soon.

crafty gal 07-08-2011 05:10 PM

Wow, so glad you did not ignore or minimize your symptoms. It is so important to 'listen' to our bodies and respond to any signs and symptoms it may be telling us. Warm wishes for a speedy recovery!

Just-Lee 07-08-2011 05:11 PM

Wow! So happy for your recovery! Great advice for us all, especially those who are more sedentary.

bearisgray 07-08-2011 05:16 PM

Thank you for the warning.

Glad you got yourself checked out in time.

Lori S 07-08-2011 05:21 PM

I am so glad you are here with us! Wishing you a fast and full recovery!
Thank-you for taking the time to let us know about the symptoms ! Take care of you!

sandpat 07-08-2011 05:23 PM

You are so lucky to be here....my mother died from one of these. She was in the hospital at the time, they had been running tests on her all day. She woke up dizzy and my Dad took her in to be checked out. They found nothing and had discharged her....she was waiting to go home when she died.

6 months later....my Aunt died from the exact same thing.

So...you obviously have something to do here on earth before its your time.

Sandee 07-08-2011 05:23 PM

Thanks for the advice! So happy you paid attention to your symptoms & took action!