Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-warning-if-you-wear-crocs-similar-shoes-t56103.html)

Bobbinchick 07-25-2010 08:36 PM

I was wearing crocs on ice in the winter time and one step and did a huge summer sault in the air before going flat down on the ground. Good thing I did not get hurt so they are not the shoes for winter time wear,that's for sure. Take care. Huggies, Fay

cyniree 07-26-2010 04:35 AM

wow, hope all is well.

reneebobby 07-26-2010 04:37 AM

I've been wearing crocs for several years and yes they can be slippery but so can tennis shoes if the bottoms are worn down but I wouldn't trade my crocs in for anything. Which reminds me I need to go on line and order a pair for winter.

ginnie6 07-26-2010 05:28 AM

all I've tried is the cheap knock off ones.....I wasn't impressed. Maybe real ones would be better. I just can't stand shoes I have to tie...I need to slide them on and off. yesterday we were on the roof shingling and I was up there barefoot. Dh said he didn't see how I could stand it. His feet were hurting him and he had shoes on. Didn't bother me....I can't walk on gravel anymore like I used to though.

Cheriefaye2008 07-26-2010 09:53 AM

I love crocs. Makes you feel like you are walking on pillows Lol. I even wore mine in the winter time with heavy socks. I have very wide feet so boots that fit me and are comfortable are nearly impossible to find.

Artsyfartsy 07-26-2010 10:25 AM

I've tried the knock off crocs, and in bare feet the plastic gives me an evil rash. I've heard the real deal is better, but I have a right foot drop and need extra toe protection, so no crocs for me.

baglady65 07-26-2010 12:00 PM

I can't wear those they give me a back and and knees hurt!

gale 07-26-2010 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
I love crocs. Makes you feel like you are walking on pillows Lol. I even wore mine in the winter time with heavy socks. I have very wide feet so boots that fit me and are comfortable are nearly impossible to find.

I have wide feet too and have trouble finding boots for winter. Classic Uggs fit snug at first but within a few hours they were fairly comfortable after stretching out. The only thing is, they don't have decent arch support.

Cheriefaye2008 07-26-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by gale
I have wide feet too and have trouble finding boots for winter. Classic Uggs fit snug at first but within a few hours they were fairly comfortable after stretching out. The only thing is, they don't have decent arch support.

I've never really looked too closely at the Uggs. They aren't really my style. I might take a look at them again though, since you said that as I have flat feet, so I don't like shoes with too much arch support in them.

skydiver70 07-26-2010 03:36 PM

Thanks so much for the warning. I had planned to buy some as my feet are getting to where I can't wear any shoes (need surgery for hammer toes), but don't want them now.

I can understand having slick shoes. Several years ago, I bought a pair of the princess Reeboks and I went to the Post Office to check my box. They had mopped in the PO lobby and had not set out a sign to warn anyone and I did an acrobatic flip landing on my hip and still have trouble with it until this day. That's a pair of shoes I never wore on a rainy day or much at all.

Thanks again,