Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Keep your boots handy. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/keep-your-boots-handy-t81880.html)

barking-rabbit 12-10-2010 09:07 AM

Keep your fingers crossed for me. The pineapple express is heading my way. This is a weather pattern of warm, moist air that brings almost monsoon type weather to the Pacific Northwest. The temps will rise and the snow level will go up to 7,000 feet.
In English, snow in the mountains will melt, rivers over flow and my family room, laundry and garage will have flood water.
Family room has vinyl floors.
Which isn't as bad as others who will have their main living areas flooded.
Hope I am just crying wolf.
I will be spending my weekend clearing the floor.
The worst will be late Sunday and early Monday.

kima 12-10-2010 09:27 AM

Hope and pray for this not to happen good wishes to you and your family

debbieumphress 12-10-2010 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Having lived in teh Pacific Northwest, namely in Kent,Wa. I am familiar with what you are saying. I lived in Mt Rainier valley and could see the mountain outside my windows. Never got flooded though. The storm came thru once when I lived there and I am telling you huge trees fell over and the bottoms were so huge and round it looked like you could build a cabin in the base of it. ALso when trees fall up tehre, everyone gets out the saws and cuts wood to get it off the streets and gets to keep the wood. So praying you are not flooded. *H*U*G*S*

Hang on to something!!!!!!!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140967[/ATTACH]

CarrieAnne 12-10-2010 09:52 AM

Sending good wishes!

bjnicholson 12-10-2010 09:55 AM

I've got my fingers and toes crossed. We're supposed to get a blizzard on Sunday, but I'll take snow over rain and flooding any day even though the snow melts into...WATER! It's goes away sloooooowly...I hope, I hope. Good luck!!!!!

belmer 12-10-2010 10:24 AM

I will keep my fingers crossed that you or anyone else in that area will not have to go through this. I will also say a prayer for you!

pstoner 12-10-2010 01:30 PM

hoping and praying you will be able to get through it safely (and without much damage).

amma 12-11-2010 12:47 PM

I hope the storm blows through fast and doesn't linger. They just announced several rivers already flooding up that way :( Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

barking-rabbit 12-12-2010 10:26 PM

Just to let you know that the river did not end up in my family room. The rain slowed down and it dosn't look like it is going to flood. What a way to get my christmas house cleaning down. Everything is off the family room and laundry room floor and on top of other things. My tree didn't get decorated but I did get fudge made. thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

kima 12-13-2010 07:35 AM

What a wonderful answer to your prayers Have a Happy Holiday