Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   kinda losted touch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kinda-losted-touch-t267140.html)

nightquilter 07-02-2015 07:38 PM

kinda losted touch

I have been busy lately on non quilting project like a college graduation, building a house and a wedding.Two different daughters.I am ready to get back to quilting. Any one working on a amazing quilt pattern? I need a diversion.

Tartan 07-02-2015 08:12 PM

Welcome back! Are you wanting some mindless sewing or something intricate?

MarLeClair 07-03-2015 03:53 PM

Welcome e. Mindless would be zippered pouches. Fast and useful.

nightquilter 07-04-2015 07:30 PM

Something intricate would be great.I like patterns that challenge me.I have some beautiful flannel, wonderful colors,prints and a few panels(panels are for quick projects for gifts)I think I need something to take my mind off the empty(emptying) nest. It is really hard for me,but I am still so thankful for all that is right in our life.I know this sound odd but I just need to keep my mind and hands busy and love having beautiful quilts as finished projects.

cdroter 07-04-2015 07:39 PM

I just made a zipper pouch for a friend today. Too hot here is a good excuse to sew small projects. ��

IBQUILTIN 07-04-2015 11:23 PM

I understand the empty nest syndrome very well. it doesn't take long for it to sink in that you have your own time and evenmore of your own space. They are always welcome home, but by Golly, now I have a life

ManiacQuilter2 07-05-2015 06:30 AM

Good luck with finding the right project to get you back in the grove of quilting.

MFord 07-05-2015 08:22 AM

Have you made a Hunter's Star quilt? That is an intricate design and there are so many beautiful ways to use color in it. Mine was made with the Accuquilt Go dies - not sure I'd want to cut out that many pieces otherwise !

nightquilter 07-05-2015 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by MFord (Post 7248082)
Have you made a Hunter's Star quilt? That is an intricate design and there are so many beautiful ways to use color in it. Mine was made with the Accuquilt Go dies - not sure I'd want to cut out that many pieces otherwise !

Yes, I made a red white and blue one for a dear friend who suffers from pts disorder,that would look beautiful in my flannels because they are greens, browns, ivorys and golds. And all those pieces may be what I need right now. I do have a Derick Lockwood bargello pattern, I made it in greens purples golds and a black to set off the 2 hearts. I have the blues, pinks another color I can't remember now and brown to set the hearts off.Thanks for the hunters star ideal.

lynnie 07-08-2015 07:45 PM

have you tried hexes? they are addicting. I just sent my 3/4" hex to Charisma to quilt, and i'm almost done with my summer quilt a grandmothers flower garden in 1" hexes. they are addicting and fun and you're done b4 you know it.

go to paperpieces.com and they will send you a sam[le kit to get you going. I use fiskers punches for mine with glossy junk mail. have fun.