Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The kindness of strangers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/kindness-strangers-t128432.html)

janjj 06-07-2011 03:33 AM

Put gas in my car and went in to pay- waited in line for quite awhile, got there to pay and she told me it was paid for assuming I was with someone who had paid for it. Not so. So, yes I believe in paying forward. Wkhich I have done frequently after this experience.

merchjag 06-07-2011 03:34 AM

you never know what a kind thought or comment will do. I always try to compliment someone every day and try to smile even if no one else does. A smile can change the world . :D

firequilt 06-07-2011 04:40 AM

this gave me goose bumps

sueisallaboutquilts 06-07-2011 05:00 AM

Love everybody's comments. I agree that a small gesture can do so much.
Just think if we all did a little thing- what that could do for public morale???
And thanks for the kind words about my Mom- she's the best!!! :)
Glad you liked it, everyone!!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-07-2011 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by dd
That's a wonderful story, wish there were more like that.

My husband was traveling in a city he didn't know. He stopped at a convenience store to buy a map book & a soda. At the counter he realized he left his wallet in the car. He left the stuff there and went to the car. By the time he got his wallet and started back to the store, the lady in line behind him came walking out of the store with his stuff, walked right up to him and said here, you forgot these. He tried to tell her that he hadn't paid for them yet but she waived him off and said everything was taken care of and she was late for work. He stood there in the cold for a while comprehending the whole situation. Went back in & the clerk verified the stuff was paid for by the lady. On the way out the door, someone said pay it forward.
He has, many times.
I tried to buy a soda for a guy once and he thought I was stealing it. Oh well.

GREAT story!! And even if you had a weird experience with one person, it's okay. You tried and that's what counts.

mermaid 06-07-2011 05:07 AM

Reminds me of the bible verse--"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2

sandpat 06-07-2011 05:36 AM

Its always nice to hear of someone going out of their way to do an act of kindness for a stranger....nice story, thanks for sharing.

donnacollierbess 06-07-2011 05:48 AM

Heard this one time and I haven't forgotten it:
There are no strangers in this world, just a lot of friends I haven't met.I think your story supports that saying.

donnacollierbess 06-07-2011 05:48 AM

Heard this one time and I haven't forgotten it:
There are no strangers in this world, just a lot of friends I haven't met.I think your story supports that saying.

mhansen6 06-07-2011 06:39 AM

That is a wonderful story. There are kind people out there.