Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   lables (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lables-t185759.html)

lucinda61 04-11-2012 06:33 PM

lables

I need help! My son ( soon to be a Uncle) is getting in to sewing. My daughter is going to have our first grandson (nephew) I was looking for lables that read " Made by Uncle" . I have looked all over. I hope someone could help me out. My son wants to make everything he sees for the baby. I just wish I could find lables. Thank you for all your help. Have a Blessed day!

luvTooQuilt 04-11-2012 06:59 PM

Have someone make 'custom' labels for you.. there are members on here that would be happy to make some for a fee..

Betty Boop 04-13-2012 03:51 AM

I have made labels for several board members. I would need the color of material for label and color and size of printing you want embroidered.

helenhiwater 04-13-2012 05:30 AM

On this board I have seen posts on how to make labels on your computer. Can't remember how to do it, just remember it is an option.

WMD926 04-13-2012 05:34 AM

One idea

Originally Posted by lucinda61 (Post 5134302)
I need help! My son ( soon to be a Uncle) is getting in to sewing. My daughter is going to have our first grandson (nephew) I was looking for lables that read " Made by Uncle" . I have looked all over. I hope someone could help me out. My son wants to make everything he sees for the baby. I just wish I could find lables. Thank you for all your help. Have a Blessed day!

I have found that you can type on your computer whatever you want (pictures work too), then take a piece of white material that you have washed to make sure any residue is washed out, Tape the material to a stiffer paper - I used paper for pictures- and then send it through your printer and you will have a printed label set up the way you want it. You could even include a picture of your son. I did this for my niece and her new husband with pictures of their wedding and a nice saying and quilted around it and it was well received!

quiltmom04 04-13-2012 06:36 AM

If you put your fabric on a piece of fine sandpaper, it's easy to write on. Then he can write and/ or draw what he wants with fine point permanent marker. So much more personal than"made by uncle".

AZ Jane 04-13-2012 06:50 AM

Sounds like a great choice!

Originally Posted by helenhiwater (Post 5137350)
On this board I have seen posts on how to make labels on your computer. Can't remember how to do it, just remember it is an option.

jitkaau 04-13-2012 06:56 AM

Plenty of companies will make custom labels for a reasonable price. A friend of mine had 100 labels woven for me, with my name on, so that I could sew them on my quilts. They were a lovely birthday present. She ordered on the internet.

quiltinggirl 04-13-2012 09:35 AM

I have my labels made by a Board Member here and she is very reasonable with her prices. Her Board Name is SEWNSEWER. PM her and I am sure she will be more than will to make the labels for you.

marymay 04-13-2012 04:04 PM

If you want to make your own labels on your computer. Go to The Crafty Gemini.com Once you get to her site. Type in making labels. Easy fast. I have done this for years for all my quilts. I even have done a lot with baby ,fishing,bike etc.