Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Lancaster.Pa Quilt Shops ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lancaster-pa-quilt-shops-t129603.html)

plainpat 06-11-2011 03:43 AM

We'll be in Lancaster this wk & want to get some fabric.Moda is a fav, but I like most all fabric.
Does anyone know of a good shop with reasonable prices? Want to stay within a few miles of Lancaster.TIA

Laura3 06-11-2011 03:54 AM

There are many suggestions on this site if you search Lancaster Quilt Shops...My favorites are Zooks Fabrics and The Old Country Store in Intercourse, Pa. It is a great little town with other fun shops located with in the Kitchen Kettle Village which is right next to both of these shops. You are within a short distance of Lancaster.

Have the best time, it is my favorite place to go!! Bring your credit card!!!

Opal Jane 06-11-2011 05:45 AM

Another shop is Dutchland Quilt Patch. Good prices and they also have a savings card, buy 26 yards get the 27th free.

AUQuilter 06-11-2011 06:16 AM

I will second Zook's and The Old Country Store. There is also Bitty Kenna's - you can see it if you are standing facing The Old Country Store- look right a few building past the traffic signal. All different but worth a look.

May in Jersey 06-11-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter
I will second Zook's and The Old Country Store. There is also Bitty Kenna's - you can see it if you are standing facing The Old Country Store- look right a few building past the traffic signal. All different but worth a look.

Zook's is my favorite and I always check out The Old Country Store as it's only across the road a bit. Haven't been to Bitty Kenna's yet but will stop when I'm there in July, having 3 fabric shops so close to each other is great. Prices are always lower than your local quilt shops and the variety is endless. Bring a list of what you need or are looking for and have Fun! May in Jersey

nycquilter 06-11-2011 01:56 PM

don't forget Sauder's. they have wonderful prices, too. Also, I agree with Dutchland, Zooks (check out the pretzel store next door too) and the Old Country Store.

mic-pa 06-11-2011 02:54 PM

I like Weavers a few miles up the road past Lititz. good prices.

QUILTNMO 06-11-2011 03:06 PM

ny favorite is zooks and then old country store

aliaslaceygreen 06-11-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Laura3
There are many suggestions on this site if you search Lancaster Quilt Shops...My favorites are Zooks Fabrics and The Old Country Store in Intercourse, Pa. It is a great little town with other fun shops located with in the Kitchen Kettle Village which is right next to both of these shops. You are within a short distance of Lancaster.

ABSOLUTELY!! Just remember, Zooks closes at 5 PM and isn't open on Sundays (most aren't)

There is a grocery store in Morgantown?? I think it is, which has a fabric store on the second floor. There are a number of shops in homes as well. I am sure you will have fun! Just Google or look around this site for more info

May in Jersey 06-11-2011 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by Laura3

ABSOLUTELY!! Just remember, Zooks closes at 5 PM and isn't open on Sundays (most aren't)

There is a grocery store in Morgantown?? I think it is, which has a fabric store on the second floor. There are a number of shops in homes as well. I am sure you will have fun! Just Google or look around this site for more info

I think the quilt shop upstairs is HayLoft Fabrics. .