Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Laundry - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/laundry-t282787.html)

bearisgray 10-05-2016 01:55 PM

Laundry -

Do you prefer to have your freshly washed things to be scented from the detergent/softener/dryer sheets?

Or do you prefer to have your things unscented?

I sort of miss the (light) fragrance from some of the detergents I had been using - but now I'm using Shaklee laundry detergent which leaves the things smelling like "nothing."

Not so crazy about the fragrances I can smell 200 or more feet away from the source.

How about you?

quiltingcandy 10-05-2016 01:58 PM

I try to buy the unscented laundry items. That is rather hard to do with dryer sheets - but at least the perfumes aren't overwhelming each other.

lynnie 10-05-2016 01:58 PM

i love great smelling laundry.

QuiltnNan 10-05-2016 02:04 PM

since we have a lot of allergies, i now stick to unscented

NJ Quilter 10-05-2016 02:39 PM

I am (gasp!) a smoker - DH quit about 10 yrs ago. I've always used scented detergents/softeners. A year or so ago, DH also asked me to start using the scented 'beads' in the laundry as well, which I do. All is good for a few days.

I pulled a set of sheets out of the closet the other day which had been there for a couple of months since last being laundered. When I got into bed that night, they only smell like 'fabric' - no lasting scent from any of the products used (or anything else for that matter). Smelled like quilting fabric that I bring home fresh (as it were) from the fabric store - starchy/sizing??

So I'm not sure that all those scents (for those of us who do not have sensitivities) are really worth. But I'll still use them.

dunster 10-05-2016 02:42 PM

I don't wan any scent in my laundry products. That includes spray starch.

Stitchnripper 10-05-2016 03:21 PM

The only scent I really liked was Tide Clean Breeze. But now I make my own laundry powder and it has no scent, but, the clothes come out of the dryer smelling like they've been outside. Don't know how that happens. I also don't like scented hand lotion but don't mind scented body lotion. We are not allergic to scents.

Mariposa 10-05-2016 03:40 PM

I prefer mine to be just clean smelling, or have a very light scent.

I use liquid Ecos detergent-from Costco, and am very pleased. A light scent.
I use white vinegar as a natural fabric softener.
My laundry has no scent when done. :)

I find most detergents and softeners have way too much scent. I don't even like the "unscented" stuff-has a very chemical smell to me.

For my quilting fabrics, I use Best Press in the Caribbean scent, or Magic Brand Sizing.

Onebyone 10-05-2016 03:44 PM

I use non scented dryer sheets. I use Tide pods and the Persil pods and they are scented but can't smell them after drying. I have All Free and Clear pods for back up. Love the pods. So easy.

Doggramma 10-05-2016 05:55 PM

Unscented preferred...when my husband does the sheets/pillowcases he uses lavendar scented sprinkles. It's ok, but distracting when I'm trying to go to sleep.