Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Leafblower (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/leafblower-t321842.html)

JENNR8R 11-19-2023 09:56 AM

Leafblower

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a new leafblower, and it does a good job in the yard. But... do you know what else it is good for? Dusting... you should see all of those dust bunnies running away from under the baseboard heaters. The central vacuum made quick work of them once they were exposed. I've been wondering how to get the dirt out from under there for years.

Tartan 11-19-2023 10:19 AM

I think it would do a nice job blowing the dust off the refrigerator coils, the ceiling fan blades and the chandelier could use a go also. Looks like a fun activity for inside as well as outside!😂

Endora 11-19-2023 10:24 AM

Wouldn't opperating such a thing inside only create a more dusty environment in ones home?

Vacuuming sucks the dust away, introducing something that blows would only free dust from whatever or wherever you were looking to remove it from, enabling it to re-apply itself to something else or some other area of ones home.

JENNR8R 11-19-2023 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Endora (Post 8624713)
Wouldn't opperating such a thing inside only create a more dusty environment in ones home?

Vacuuming sucks the dust away, introducing something that blows would only free dust from whatever or wherever you were looking to remove it from, enabling it to re-apply itself to something else or some other area of ones home.

Yes, it does move the dust from an area that cannot be vacuumed to a place where it can be removed. That's the whole point.

Endora 11-19-2023 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 8624715)
Yes, it does move the dust from an area that cannot be vacuumed to a place where it can be removed. That's the whole point.

Yes and no.

Say you're looking at ridding the back cooling grate of your fridge from all the dust buildup, however, let's just say you spent the previous day or two cleaning the hanging light fixtures and tops of the cupboards, and now blowing the built-up dust away from the refrigerator grates will allow it to be airborne again and settle on your freshly cleaned light fixtures and tops of your cupboards.

JENNR8R 11-19-2023 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Endora (Post 8624716)
Yes and no.

Say you're looking at ridding the back cooling grate of your fridge from all the dust buildup, however, let's just say you spent the previous day or two cleaning the hanging light fixtures and tops of the cupboards, and now blowing the built-up dust away from the refrigerator grates will allow it to be airborne again and settle on your freshly cleaned light fixtures and tops of your cupboards.

Well timing is everything... If you used the leaf blower before you cleaned the house, blowing the trapped dirt and allowing it to settle is no more work than it would be before. Personally, I don't vacuum before I dust.

I'm thrilled to have discovered a way to get the trapped dirt out of places that I cannot reach with the vacuum.

Endora 11-19-2023 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 8624718)
Well timing is everything... If you used the leaf blower before you cleaned the house, blowing the trapped dirt and allowing it to settle is no more work than it would be before. Personally, I don't vacuum before I dust.

I'm thrilled to have discovered a way to get the trapped dirt out of places that I cannot reach with the vacuum.

And that's what it's all about, being content.

Onebyone 11-19-2023 11:45 AM

I use to use a hair dryer on the cool cycle for hard to reach dust. Hair dryers use to be more powerful then they are now.

ctrysass2012 11-19-2023 05:04 PM

Blow dryers from a beauty supply store are generally more powerful. I got 1 that has lasted 8-10 yrs.

Onebyone 11-19-2023 05:15 PM

My favorite one was from a beauty supply. They don't make it that way anymore even though it has the same name.