Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   left handed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/left-handed-t189698.html)

jitkaau 05-22-2012 08:27 AM

left handed

1 Attachment(s)
After a recent post about left-handed quilting thread, I was reminded of a shop in my home town and thought its sign might amuse you.[ATTACH=CONFIG]337188[/ATTACH]

nativetexan 05-22-2012 11:54 AM

he, he. i should send that to my left handed son (whom i never even thought of "breaking").

psychonurse 05-23-2012 04:15 AM

LIke it. It is not every day us left handed ppl get our own sign.

Latrinka 05-23-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 5235336)
he, he. i should send that to my left handed son (whom i never even thought of "breaking").

Ha-ha, Me too!

Chasing Hawk 05-23-2012 09:53 AM

We have 7 kids, 4 are lefties. I have 8 siblings, 6 of us are lefties. Our Dad was a lefty and so was his Dad.

And I am a Lefty too.

Nice little Club to belong to.

Sassylass 05-23-2012 01:04 PM

Love it!! I too am a lefty..
Chasing Hawk I love this!!!Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it. Used it on my hubby too!!!

Gennynut 05-23-2012 05:45 PM

I am left handed. When I was growing up I was told it was because of brain damage at birth. Now I am being told that I am part of the 10% of the population that are in their "right minds"

Tartan 05-23-2012 05:52 PM

:D Hilarious! Does it do a good business?

Chasing Hawk 05-23-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sassylass (Post 5237964)
Love it!! I too am a lefty..
Chasing Hawk I love this!!!Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it. Used it on my hubby too!!!

I have that saying on a little plaque. I sent one to my son, who is a lefty. he thought it was cool.

Ellen 05-23-2012 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5237606)
We have 7 kids, 4 are lefties. I have 8 siblings, 6 of us are lefties. Our Dad was a lefty and so was his Dad.

And I am a Lefty too.

Nice little Club to belong to.

To quote Betty Edwards who wrote "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" "Left-handed individuals were once thought to be the converse of right-handers in terms of brain organization: verbal functions are in the left hemispheres of right-handers, and it was thought that verbal functions were in the right brain of left-handers. But recent research indicates that most left handers, like right handers have verbal function in the left hemispheres. An exception to this finding is that left handers ....whose mothers were left handed may possibly have verbal functions in the right brain." This is pretty kewl when you think a left handed child with a left handed mother has the advantage when it comes to verbal creativity and doesn't have to fight the left hemisphere when it comes to non-verbal creativity (quilting, painting, drawing) I had to train myself to flip over to right hemisphere in college art classes. This individual wouldn't have to be burdened with that step.
Are your 4 lefties very creative? Can they solve problems easily? I have a nephew that was amazing to watch as he grew....you couldn't get anything past that kid.