Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Less Postings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/less-postings-t171466.html)

Sweeterthanwine 12-09-2011 07:30 AM

Less Postings

Just my own observation, but there seems to be less posting on the new board than there was on the old board. Has anyone else noticed? I'm still having a bit of a problem getting around the new board, but slowly I discover new things. Guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Happy Quilting everyone.

fatquarters 12-09-2011 07:32 AM

I think so too

nativetexan 12-09-2011 08:06 AM

well this forum certainly isn't as interesting or fun as it used to be. i have noticed that.

Anna.425 12-09-2011 08:08 AM

I agree. I also agree with native texan. I was thinking this several weeks ago however I know that I have not been as active as I am busy sewing for Christmas.

GABBYABBY 12-09-2011 08:54 AM

Yes, I have noticed that too.

Stitchit123 12-09-2011 08:57 AM

I've noticed this too- its sort of a pain to find recent postings the one before this is from Nov 2010 and the next one is from 2009 and I after I post this reply it goes back to page 1 and I have to start all over again. After it doing this a couple times I give up -and I have not received my daily QB since 12-5 and it doesn't upset me like it use to before the change- I really miss the old format -this one does'nt give you the option of seeing older postings -the heading WHATS NEW is wrong it should read SIFT and SORT or MOSTLY OLD and SOME NEW .

Dianemarie 12-09-2011 09:30 AM

Yes I have noticed also; but also wondering if its the season and many people are quilting and doing holiday functions. I'm sure there are some who are frustrated with the new board and are just thinking to wait til they have more time to find their way around the new board and ask questions. Yep thats what I think.

Happy Quilting !

Susanna10 12-09-2011 09:56 AM

I almost quit. I noticed the same thing. It is not as fun or interesting. It just does not seem as friendly.

pdcakm 12-09-2011 10:03 AM

i have three friends who have dropped out of this board since the changes. i feel, if this is representative of the general population we have lost a lot of good friends from the board. i personally don't like the changes either and find my participation has been reduced. the worst thing has been the order of messages to sift through.

on the bright side we are still here and will have to build it back up.

Nanamoms 12-09-2011 10:33 AM

I've noticed it, too. I notice especially that not a lot of people are posting things for sale. I get totally confused when I find old posts mixed with new posts and when I want to follow a certain post. I spend way too much time trying to find where I was and where I want to be. I keep trying but it's certainly not as cozy as before.