Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Letter from Grandma......funny! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/letter-grandma-funny-t67500.html)

Ditter43 09-29-2010 08:09 PM

She is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car.
She writes:

Dear Grand-daughter,
The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a Honk if you love Jesus bumper sticker. I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting.
So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.
Boy, am I glad I did, what an uplifting experience that followed.
I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good he is, and I didn't notice that the light had changed.
It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed.
I found that lots of people love Jesus!
While I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed,
' For the love of God! '
' Go! Go! Go! Jesus Christ, GO!'
What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus!
Everyone started honking!
I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all those loving people.
I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!
There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a sunny beach.
I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air.
I asked my young teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant.
He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something.
Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign right back.
My grandson burst out laughing.
Why even he was enjoying this religious experience!!
A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me.
I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed.
So, I waved at all my brothers and sisters grinning, and drove on through the intersection.
I noticed that I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again and felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared.
So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.
Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!!
Will write again soon,
Love, Grandma

nursie76 09-29-2010 08:11 PM

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!

stitchingmemories 09-29-2010 08:24 PM

Oh my! haha so funny. Thanks Ditter!

Quiltforme 09-29-2010 08:27 PM

Wow LOL!!!

sew_southern 09-29-2010 08:39 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CoyoteQuilts 09-29-2010 08:50 PM

Oh my! Another good one.

MaryStoaks 09-29-2010 09:04 PM

Ditter, I just read this to my husband and a friend, we all have tears from laughing so much! We look forward to your wonderful posts! Thanks a bunch. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

JoAnnGC 09-29-2010 09:09 PM

This is so funny, especially because I could see that easily happening to my DMIL :-)

Gramof6 09-29-2010 09:18 PM

:D This is hilarious! :D :D Just loved it. Thank You for the laugh. :thumbup:

mygirl66 09-30-2010 04:16 AM

Love it! Im gonna have to show DH this one!