Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Light at the End of the Carpal Tunnel--Or I hope It's the clear end of the matter. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/light-end-carpal-tunnel-i-hope-its-clear-end-matter-t67640.html)

3flowers 09-30-2010 05:08 PM

Oh boy, what an ordeal. I had posted requesting help and encouragement for the Carpal Tunnel dilemma. This has been 3 months in the making. First I went to a bone dr. and I should have gone to a hand dr. Then I had to wait weeks for an appt. with the nerve dr. Then wait to get back to see the bone dr.

I talked myself into just not babying it and getting on with life. It got worse.

Saw the bone dr. this AM. The diagnosis was slight carpal tunnel, arthritis, and a hot case of tendonitis in the thumb tendon where the tendon was so irritated it wouldn't stay in it's proper channel.

He gave me an injection and a brace that holds my thumb straight out out like I am hitchhiking. Said I would hate life the 3rd and 4th days before the injection was absorbed and began to work.

So here I am with my thumb out hating life already. Can't sew, can't peel the potatoes, can't curl my hair.

I'll be reading alot and watching the housework pile up, so keep posting on the Quilting Board so I have something good to read.

erstan947 09-30-2010 05:15 PM

I feel your pain. Hang in there. Prayers for you to be back in the action soon.

raedar63 09-30-2010 05:21 PM

ugh, I am getting ready for carpel tunnel surgey on both wrist,I know how you feel.
Rae

B. Louise 09-30-2010 05:54 PM

So sorry that you are limited to what you can read. I hope that you get relief real soon.

cathyvv 09-30-2010 06:02 PM

We never realize how important our thumbs are until we can't use them.

Feel better. And I hope the injection helps.

littlehud 09-30-2010 06:05 PM

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it gets to feeling better really soon.

shequilts 09-30-2010 06:16 PM

Oh dear! That's just what I'm (not) looking forward to. I never realized so many women had difficulty with their thumbs until I started investigating my own discomfort. Good luck to you and I hope you get relief really soon. Fortunately the weather is getting nicer. Maybe you can enjoy being outdoors some in the beautiful autumn weather.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-30-2010 07:01 PM

Don't forget to read Ditter's daily funny. It will make you laugh :)

trisha 09-30-2010 07:08 PM

Had surgery on one hand...miraculously better within a couple of days. Now have it in the other hand but will not do anything til after the holidays. Cannot stop sewing now. Hang in there...it will get better.

Ditter43 09-30-2010 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just keep telling yourself, "This too will pass" and when it does, things will be better. Hang in there for a few days, reading is good, t.v. is okay, housework....bad!!