Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Little Dresses for Africa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/little-dresses-africa-t225781.html)

alleyoop1 07-14-2013 08:56 AM

Little Dresses for Africa

2 Attachment(s)
Our Bee is making Little Dressed for Africa as one of our service projects this year. Here are the two dresses I made from scraps of fabric and trims. They were easy and hopefully will bring sparkles to some little girls eyes!

Grandma Bonnie 07-14-2013 09:16 AM

They are beautiful! Great thing you bee is doing ~ I'm sure they will be appreciated!

patchsamkim 07-14-2013 09:59 AM

Aren't they fun to make !!?? Our church started making them almost a year ago...so far we have sent out about 150...and continue to make them. We do them for Dress a Girl Around the World...similar organization. I have done some with pillowcases, and some with fabric yardage. Fun to do any embellishing....adding pockets, etc.

Janet L52 07-14-2013 11:42 AM

Very sweet and pretty dresses! What joy they will bring to some little girls.

Bluelady 07-14-2013 12:06 PM

Last year a friend of mine (and also a QB member) arranged for four of us to get together and do the dresses assembly line style. In a weekend we made over 200 dresses. It was awesome! We just used our stash fabrics and some stash from a few other ladies.

QuiltnNan 07-14-2013 12:07 PM

nicely done... they look nice and cool

Dodee 07-16-2013 05:00 AM

Our WMU at church is making these, also, for Operation Christmas Child. They will be put in shoe boxes for someones Christmas. We're also making tote bags, dressed up floppies, hair bands, etc. It's great.
Dodee

star619 07-16-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 6176953)
Our Bee is making Little Dressed for Africa as one of our service projects this year. Here are the two dresses I made from scraps of fabric and trims. They were easy and hopefully will bring sparkles to some little girls eyes!

Do you have a source to send these to, and , perhaps , instructions? I've heard this project mentioned before & would like to contribute. Thank you. [email protected]

peabee 07-16-2013 09:42 AM

very pretty and so sweet! does anyone know where they are being delivered? do missionaries deliver them?

Mornigstar 07-16-2013 11:32 AM

Our group -Knox Frox--sends the dresses & pants direct with mission groups. One literacy group going to Africa takes the suitcase on plane but we pay for the cost of the luggage . Luggage money came because we used extra
fabric and sewed placemats / pot holders / aprons etc which we sold to make a luggage money fund. Usually it has cost us $ 40. a suitcase and we get a big number in it depending on size. Last time I donated one of my older suitacases too.
Suggest you check around for the correct charity as I started this group and I said I didn't want them sitting in a container on a dock or sold at some yard sale in other countries.