Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Local Get Together postings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/local-get-together-postings-t37567.html)

sewcrazygirl 02-21-2010 03:40 PM

Is there a spot to post local get togethers? I am trying to get a bunch of Mid Tennessee Gals together.

sew cornie 02-21-2010 04:41 PM

We did an OR/WA get together earlier this month but posted it on the Main page. One of our members also took the time to PM local board members (bless her for that!). Good luck with yours. Ours was so much fun, another is being planned for March! :-D

sewcrazygirl 02-21-2010 04:45 PM

Ok thanks. Maybe we can convince the Admin to add a local get together sub forum?

butterflywing 02-21-2010 05:47 PM

you can just post "Mid-Tennessee Get Together" and see what jumps out at you.
who knows, some members may have gotten together already and didn't know you were from tennessee because it doesn't say that in your profile. that's why it's important to let people know where you're from.

sewcrazygirl 02-21-2010 06:04 PM

Oh gosh I didnt even realize this!

thank you.

daisyboo9 02-21-2010 06:39 PM

I am coming to Gatlinburg from Canada for the 3rd week of April and would love to get together with some of you gals if you would have me?

Admin 02-21-2010 08:24 PM

Some time ago, I thought about setting up a system for announcements of "local" gatherings/get togethers/meetups/group quilt shop trips, etc. Something to allow people on the board to coordinate the time and location of various off-line activities.

But it didn't seem like there was enough interest in such feature back then. Additionally, I wasn't really sure about what would be the best way to implement it.

If there are enough people who think we need this feature, I can take another stab at it.

GMA 02-21-2010 08:36 PM

I think it would be a great way to get together in our areas. I know there are quite a few of us in the northern midwest area and it would be fun to get together in the summer months and I would love to host such a get together

tigger5464 02-21-2010 09:55 PM

I would be interested in some type of get together for my area also. (as long as it could be a weekend thing.) I know that there are about 6 of us for sure here in Iowa....but not certain how many more. (Hope I didn't insult anyone by not knowing for certain if there are more of us. :oops: )

luckylindy333 04-21-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
We did an OR/WA get together earlier this month but posted it on the Main page. One of our members also took the time to PM local board members (bless her for that!). Good luck with yours. Ours was so much fun, another is being planned for March! :-D

Sew Cornie, do you know who planned the Western WA get together? I can't find the post. I am not going to go due to a cold...