Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Locked (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/locked-t106946.html)

ganny 03-11-2011 05:05 PM

Why are some discussions "locked" so that you cannot respond? I wrote a comment and at first responses were not locked, but soon the responses were locked and I could not comment again if I wanted. Did I make sense?

cabbagepatchkid 03-11-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ganny
Why are some discussions "locked" so that you cannot respond? I wrote a comment and at first responses were not locked, but soon the responses were locked and I could not comment again if I wanted. Did I make sense?

On other forums, that I have been on, sometimes the thread gets locked if the subject is controversial and there is arguing going on. Not sure if this is the case with the ones that you saw.

ganny 03-11-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid

On other forums, that I have been on, sometimes the thread gets locked if the subject is controversial and there is arguing going on. Not sure if this is the case with the ones that you saw.

No arguing. Just good advice. Thanks. I probably know why it was locked. Don't like it, but I probably know why.

dreamer2009 03-11-2011 05:35 PM

ASK A MODERATOR

LucyInTheSky 03-11-2011 06:53 PM

I've seen them lock topics when the replies get out of hand. There was one in Pictures, where someone posted a picture, 2 comments about the picture, then everyone else said "where's the picture?" for 4 pages. And the moderator stepped in and locked it.

LucyInTheSky 03-11-2011 06:54 PM

Oh, and usually I've seen it where the moderator will put a comment at the end saying why it's locked

k9dancer 03-11-2011 06:58 PM

Any differences of opinion will cause a subject to get locked.

ganny 03-11-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Oh, and usually I've seen it where the moderator will put a comment at the end saying why it's locked

No explanation given, but I was complaining about Clotilde. It must be okay to praise these companies, but no complaints. A reputable company should be able to handle both. It's bound to happen - take your lumps. :!:

ganny 03-11-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by k9dancer

Anyone can have a difference of opinion - especially me.

k9dancer 03-11-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by k9dancer

Anyone can have a difference of opinion - especially me.

I like differences of opinion. That's more interesting and is one way to learn.