Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Long Legs - anyone else?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/long-legs-anyone-else-t228639.html)

quilt1950 08-24-2013 05:39 AM

Long Legs - anyone else??

I have long legs (I'm almost 6 ft), and need tall size pants. I'm looking for a basic pair of tan/beige dress pants. Easy right? Wrong. My go to store used to be JCPenney - online. I think they have changed the demographic they are trying to appeal to. I go not want skinny pants, and I like my pants to ride at my waist, not somewhere below my waist. I've been watching for months, and anything that slightly appeals to me is out of stock.

Does anyone know a good online source for tall dress pants?? No local stores carry them.

OK, Thanks for any suggestions.

mrs. fitz 08-24-2013 05:59 AM

Try calling customer service at QVC and HSN and explain what you're looking for. I've seen pants in "tall" and a representative might be able to guide you to certain brands. Good luck!

quiltin-nannie 08-24-2013 06:45 AM

try Woman Within, online. It is for larger sizes, but they have tall pants starting at size 12. Don't know if this will help.

DJ 08-24-2013 06:51 AM

I recently got practically a whole new wardrobe at Coldwater Creek. They have clothes that are styled for "mature women", and the pants ride at the waist. I was at an outlet mall, and don't know what they have available online, but it might be worth a look-see. Good luck.

Neesie 08-24-2013 06:54 AM

Also check Land's End. They have three different "waist" styles and one of them is at the actual waist.

SouthPStitches 08-24-2013 06:58 AM

I feel your pain. I used to be 5'10". Obviously I'm shrinking with age and was just measured at 5'8-1/4". Not a good sign but I am now able to buy average length pants sometimes. You might want to check LL Bean and also Eddie Bauer. They usually have longer lengths and different rises. Good luck.

gramajo 08-24-2013 07:00 AM

I have the opposite problem; I'm short, but I've had good luck with both Land's End and Coldwater Creek. They both carry talls. Sears, at least in my area, has Land's End outlets, but don't have much in the way of 'shorts'--don't know about 'talls'.

quilt1950 08-24-2013 07:23 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was not aware that Coldwater Creek carried talls. I'll have a look at all the other suggestions. I haven't heard of Woman Within, but I have moved on to a size 12!

alwayslearning 08-24-2013 07:38 AM

I am the opposite. I am average height, overall, but have short legs. My height is all in my back. Did you ever notice that men's pants come in a selection of lengths and waiste sizes?

Dolphyngyrl 08-24-2013 07:50 AM

I'm with you,. I am not tall but I have a short torso and my legs are really long. I also have thick thighs and a butt making it hard to find jeans with enough length that can fit me in the thigh/butt region without being too big for me waist . I cry everytime I go jeans shopping because they just don't make pants for my shape. Very frustrating!!!