Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Longmire is back! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/longmire-back-t264952.html)

KLO 05-07-2015 07:59 AM

Longmire is back!

My dh and I starting watching the show Longmire when it first started out on A&E. It ended after a couple of seasons (3) when A&E dropped it on a cliff hanger. We were so aggravated not only because they stopped production on it but also because of the way it ended with questions to be answered. Yay, it's finally back on Netflix so we can start watching it again. Love the modern western theme of it, the acting, the characters, and the scenery. I can lonly hope that a lot of people start watching it so it continues in production as it is one of the few shows we (together and individually) like along with NCIS and Castle .... although they are both getting a little ridiculous on occassion.

yngldy 05-07-2015 12:22 PM

It was cancelled, but I heard they brought it back, although I don't know when the new shows will start. They cancelled it because the younger age group wasn't watching it. (Like 30 to 50)

tessagin 05-07-2015 12:53 PM

I'm just really getting tired of a lot of them. One show DH and I really liked was Burn Notice and they cancelled that.

Annaquilts 05-07-2015 12:58 PM

We also like Longmire and Burn Notice. The younger crowd at my house watches it along with us.

KLO 05-07-2015 01:36 PM

Yea, it was the highest rated show on the network but low viewership in the 18-49 group so they cancelled it. But it was the way it was cancelled that really irked us. Left us wondering what happened to Branch and his father. Shots fired and fade to black. It sounds like it will be back in the Fall. We used to watch Burn Notice also but after a couple of seasons, it got old for us. There is so little TV I even care about now.

Pollytink 05-07-2015 02:12 PM

I haven't watched this but checking it out, it sounds interesting. Anyone know where one might view the first 3 seasons? Wonder if Netflix will get them? tried to ck a&e site and it's a mess--hard to find out anything!

alleyoop1 05-08-2015 03:58 AM

I just checked on Netflix and the first three seasons of Longmire are on Netflix. According to the internet (and we all know if it's on line, it must be true! :)) Longmire season 4 is going to be on Netflix in the fall.

kathy 05-08-2015 04:00 AM

yes it is on netflix, I just started watching last week

Geri B 05-08-2015 04:04 AM

...I don't have netflix so I guess I'm out......and I enjoyed that program too....there are so few well written, well acted offerings lately. True, castle and NCIS are getting trite. Had been hooked on the following, but not anymore......

deedum 05-08-2015 05:18 AM

yes, we have been following it too. just seen the latest season on Netflix. Looking forward to the next season.:thumbup: