Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   look what we got at supper time today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/look-what-we-got-supper-time-today-t131093.html)

Crazy Quiltin Robin 06-16-2011 08:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
For 35 mins we got hail and rain ........ looked like a snow storm ..... this weather is crazy .....it was 107* here today in southwest Oklahoma ... then it started kickin up this storm .... wow what wierd weather we are having this summer!!!!!!!

GrannieAnnie 06-16-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin
For 35 mins we got hail and rain ........ looked like a snow storm ..... this weather is crazy .....it was 107* here today in southwest Oklahoma ... then it started kickin up this storm .... wow what wierd weather we are having this summer!!!!!!!

107 then the ground covered with hail? I guess it's true. If you don't like the weather, wait a while and it'll be a whole 'nuther story!

craftybear 06-16-2011 08:45 PM

wow, what part of Oklahoma got that today?

Crazy Quiltin Robin 06-16-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear

I live in southwest Oklahoma down by Altus we are nearly on the Texas border .... weather changes like the wind ....over to the east of us by Lawton 7 travel trailers were blown over by 70 mile an hour winds too ......it was a mess .......

Pickles 06-16-2011 08:51 PM

It sure is some crazy weather this year, we where 107 here today also in the Texas Pandhandle area , but we didn't get any rain though and we need it really bad, but I wouldn't want all that hail though :shock:

sewcrafty 06-16-2011 08:56 PM

Oh now that is discouraging.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 06-16-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Oh now that is discouraging.

nope we needed wet any kind we could get its been so hot here and we have in the 100*s forcasted for the next week ... everything is drying up so bad and we are afraid we will have to ration water before the summer is over ...if we have to get moisture from hail we can take it only people griping are the cotton farmers ...... hail dont work for them at all

crafty_linda_b 06-16-2011 10:14 PM

I guess Mother nature has a mind of her own huh?? I also think lately she's had a bad case of PMS!! our weather has finally gotten nice...I better not say that too loud or it might change...crafty_linda_b on the Cal-Ore border

craftybear 06-16-2011 10:21 PM

one of the other members that lives in Lawton, OK posted a note that she had bad winds today and damage

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin

Originally Posted by craftybear

I live in southwest Oklahoma down by Altus we are nearly on the Texas border .... weather changes like the wind ....over to the east of us by Lawton 7 travel trailers were blown over by 70 mile an hour winds too ......it was a mess .......

SueDor 06-17-2011 01:42 AM

That is so crazy!