Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Looking for comfortable bed pillow. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/looking-comfortable-bed-pillow-t232925.html)

LavenderBlue 10-21-2013 11:53 AM

Looking for comfortable bed pillow.

SORRY for the bold and underline - I don't see how to turn them off here. I prefer to sleep with 2 pillows as it's more comfortable for my neck. Every time we stay in a hotel, I usually LOVE their pillows, use 2, and peek inside the pillowcase to get a name brand, firmness, etc. Do any of you know what content they usually are? Down? They are not memory foam or just foam, that I know for sure. The ones I like are always marked "firm". My closet is filling up with others I have purchased, even the contour shaped and wedge ones. THX for any help!

Tartan 10-21-2013 01:20 PM

​I like foam chips myself so I can form my pillow how I like it. I tried the contour pillow too but I couldn't get used to it.

needles3thread 10-21-2013 01:22 PM

QVC shopping channel has pillows called My Pillow that I really like.

Tfch8184 10-21-2013 02:16 PM

Check the hotel site or google hotel suppliers. I remember reading somewhere that you can buy the same pillows hotels use.

Peckish 10-21-2013 04:58 PM

Marriott sells pillows and mattresses.

I have a foam Tempurpedic-like pillow, and one made of foam chips. I like both of them. The one made of foam chips is firm but shape-able.

DOTTYMO 10-21-2013 05:50 PM

When my neck is playing up I love to have a v shape. Either two pillows one over the other or I have tried the v shape pillow. I love to get a shape each side of my neck so it stops rolling. Recently I have the warmest and most comfort able pillows. 2 small fluffy bishion dogs who love to sleep just by my neck. It is almost as if they can sense the pain.

NJ Quilter 10-22-2013 03:03 AM

DH and I just went through this process a couple of weeks ago. It's really painful! Ended up at Home Goods and managed to find a couple of pillows we each liked (different from each other's). 4 pillows and $100 later, we are sleeping much better. At least I am. They are traditional type pillows, not down, not foam. I'm a side sleeper and have neck issues as well. I like what I describe as 'fat, fluffy' pillows...thick enough to not be flat as a pancake and relatively soft/squishy. These have sufficed. For quite a while I was using a sofa pillow that I had purchased a number of years ago at JC Penney. It was really squishy and worked wonders for my neck compared to the bed pillows I had. Used it in conjunction with the bed pillows. Not memory foam to the best of my knowledge but with a bit of fluffing, will go back to it's intended shape.

ptquilts 10-22-2013 03:59 AM

I am just the opposite, I hate hotel pillows! Always bring my own. Hotel pillows are too squishy, you wind up sinking down into them. I use a foam pillow (all one piece, with a "cradle" area for head).

I used to think I needed 2 pillows but I tried it with just one, and no more back aches when I wake up now!

alwayslearning 10-22-2013 04:17 AM

For those with neck problems, I recommend orthapedic pillows. You can usually get them from home health supply stores or a chiropractor. Have made a world of difference to me.

granny64 10-22-2013 05:27 AM

I comfort pillows are very comfortable, but very pricey.