Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Loretta - Time is Upon Me To Become The Fishing Widow!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/loretta-time-upon-me-become-fishing-widow-t21267.html)

quilter1962 06-12-2009 09:53 AM

It's that time of year again - 16th of June is open course fishing season & DH will be out there every evening after work sitting on the river bank.

Returning home afterwards & telling me about the one that got away!!!!

Bless him - I can quilt to the hilt YIPPEE!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tisha

Butterflyspain 06-12-2009 11:32 AM

Tisha I know that feeling so well, my ex husband and son used to go fishing all the time would get up at 3am to get in there first. (Dah) Anyway I didnīt quilt back then, you are so lucky. ENJOY

Elle

amma 06-12-2009 01:57 PM

3 cheers for fishing season!!! Hip Hip Hooray :D :D :D

tlrnhi 06-12-2009 05:36 PM

I actually LOVE to go fishing.
I throw back what I catch.
You should have seen the HUGE one I caught one time. Fought and fought with me until I finally reeled it in later. Took a long time! When I finally got it up to shore to get a picture, it jumped off the hook. It was THIIIIIS big! <hold arms outstretched as far a possible>
Honest!! And it talked to me too! lol

littlehud 06-12-2009 07:08 PM

Good way to look at it. He gets to fish and you get to sew and everyone is happy. :-) :-)

quilter1962 06-13-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I think you two need to come to Wisconsin where he can fish the lakes with my DH and you and I can go quilt shopping! I know lots of places to get into mischief! LOTS of mischief!

LOL Loretta

Mischief - what your going to teach me? Umm now I'm thinking about it LOL.

Tisha :wink:

quilter1962 06-13-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Tisha I know that feeling so well, my ex husband and son used to go fishing all the time would get up at 3am to get in there first. (Dah) Anyway I didnīt quilt back then, you are so lucky. ENJOY

Elle

Elle

I don't mind one little bit to be honest as long as he's happy I'm happy, bless him. I keep telling him though to take up sea fishing as that way I can get my weekly quota of fish dinners LOL.
Yes I've taken him to the riverbank before now at midnight so he could get a perfect spot & be ready to fish as the clock struck a second past midnight LOL.

I can laugh to myself however I now fine myself doing similar things with regards to sewing/quilting :!:

Tisha

quilter1962 06-13-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by amma
3 cheers for fishing season!!! Hip Hip Hooray :D :D :D

Ditto Amma :wink:

Tisha

quilter1962 06-13-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I actually LOVE to go fishing.
I throw back what I catch.
You should have seen the HUGE one I caught one time. Fought and fought with me until I finally reeled it in later. Took a long time! When I finally got it up to shore to get a picture, it jumped off the hook. It was THIIIIIS big! <hold arms outstretched as far a possible>
Honest!! And it talked to me too! lol

Terri

Me too when I get the time however now I have another hobby I send him off alone :cry: :cry:
LOL Love your tail of the one that got away - BTW which language did the fish speak ??? :D :D

Tisha

quilter1962 06-13-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Good way to look at it. He gets to fish and you get to sew and everyone is happy. :-) :-)

Absolutely LittleHud - everyone is happy huh. :wink:

Tisha