Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   loseing things (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/loseing-things-t40560.html)

minnow895 03-24-2010 10:34 AM

murphes law if you need it you can't find it untill you no longer need it or you just got home from the store with a replacement
with brain damage it can be challenging to find stuff i put away at times i get really frustrated i learned to go and do somthing else for awhile than i find what i need does anyone else do this most of the time it is my good siscors that dissapear and there thy are right in front of my nose always in the last place i looked right where i put them

Marjpf 03-24-2010 10:52 AM

I guess I'm lucky - when stuff goes missing from the sewing room, it's always in my daughters room. Now if someone can tell me where I put the wreath hanger, you know, that really good spot for it where I'll always be able to find it, I will be eternally grateful.

quiltsRfun 03-24-2010 10:56 AM

Yes, I do this all the time. And as you say it's usually right under my nose. I've found that DH can usually spot my "lost" items pretty quickly so I often call on him for help. Sometimes I think it just takes an uninvolved party to see the things I've overlooked. I try not to let it bother me. In the overall scheme of things it's just not that important. I figure the sun will still come up tomorrow if I can't find my seam ripper, scissors, book, etc. :wink: :lol:

quiltsRfun 03-24-2010 10:57 AM

Now if someone can tell me where I put the wreath hanger, you know, that really good spot for it where I'll always be able to find it
Done that too. Very aggravating!

mom-6 03-24-2010 11:01 AM

Some days I have 3 or 4 pairs of scissors (of various degrees of fabric friendly usefulness) other days there's not a pair of scissors to be found, not even kid's scissors!

I have not identified the culprit(s)...too many possibilities.

quiltsRfun 03-24-2010 12:52 PM

Some days I have 3 or 4 pairs of scissors (of various degrees of fabric friendly usefulness) other days there's not a pair of scissors to be found, not even kid's scissors!
I have three pairs of good scissors that are set aside for fabric only--two Ginghers and one Fiskars. Once I lost all three so while at the fabric shop I bought another pair. Murphy's law, they turned up right after that. And wouldn't you know, it was DH who found them. Now everytime he goes to the fabric shop with me DH asks if I need another pair of scissors. :)

lots2do 03-24-2010 12:54 PM

quiltsRfun-
That made me smile (DH asking...). Mine would probably do the same...

MadQuilter 03-24-2010 01:17 PM

When I lose stuff in my sewing room, it's usually time to clean up. If you have trouble remembering some things, would a whiteboard help? You could mark a reminder to yourself.

kygirl 03-24-2010 01:18 PM

Yep, I keep losing my sewing/reading glasses, without them I can't find everything else I've lost.

mom-6 03-24-2010 01:19 PM

I'm going to get another pair of the nice gray handled Fiskars. Those haven't been seen in months. I work at an office supply store so last year with our back-to-school order I ordered an inner pack (6 pr if I remember correctly) of them to put out for sale. So far I'm the only one who has purchased any, but at least I can have them sorta close by when I decide I'm really not going to find the ones I had. Hopefully I'll be able to get them at closer to cost than to suggested retail.