Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Lots of Clowns in a car!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lots-clowns-car-t226051.html)

buslady 07-18-2013 05:10 AM

Lots of Clowns in a car!!!

I live in a mobil home park on the lake. Our temp have been upper 90's with VERY high humidity. Least I say, Hotter than H E double hockey sticks out there. So, yesterday all my kids and grandkids came, and they brought friends, 14 kids total. Spent the whole day on the beach, only came up to the house to eat, then straight back to the beach.
This morning, as I was leaving for work, a visitor to the home next to ours was outside with her dog. We started chatting, about what else besides the weather, and I told her about our wonderful day at the beach. She says to me, laughing, "I looked out at one point and saw all these kids streaming out the door and all I could think of was the circus when you see all those clowns coming out of the car, and you wonder how they all fit". I laughed. I think she was kidding. Yea, she was being funny! LOL Actually, she was a very friendly and nice person, it was not meant nasty or anything, I just laughed. After all, when I asked about the dog, she said he was a rescue. What's not to like? Just thought I would share!!

mighty 07-18-2013 06:13 AM

Great story!!!!

Jingle 07-18-2013 06:30 AM

Yes, she was being funny and meant no insult. I understand her humor at wondering how they all fit into your mobile home.

selm 07-18-2013 08:04 AM

I'm from a family of ten kids. We lived in a big old house set back from the street with a large front yard in which we played all the time. My mother was a nurse and went to work wearing her uniform on the bus that went past the house . One day a woman on the bus asked my mother if our house was a school where all those kids went. I guess she thought our mother was the "school" nurse. We always had a big laugh about that.

It is a funny picture when you think of it - all those kids coming from your house. Kids being kids I bet they were bouncing out to get the beach.

Jan in VA 07-19-2013 03:43 AM

Our summer vacation cottage in Harbor Springs, right on (gorgeous!) Lake Michigan, used to house all the 8-10 cousins in one large "bunk house" bedroom, and the adults slept in the living room and two bedrooms. When we were on the beach or caravaning into town for a meal or ice cream, we looked like those clowns, too.

But, you know, that was the fun part of summer -- everyone all together, on top of each other, all eating on the beach together, older kids watching out for younger kids, always something to do and someone to do it with.
Great memories!

Jan in VA

MargeD 07-19-2013 09:22 AM

What a wonderful story. My family gets together every 2 years for a family reunion and there are a lot of us, so I can appreciate your neighbor's sense of humor. How did they all fit anyway???

Nammie to 7 07-19-2013 04:03 PM

That does give a person a great visual! How nice that your family brings their friends and everyone enjoys the food and companionship. Makes for great memories doesn't it?

NCquilter 07-19-2013 06:05 PM

Cute story. That reminds of the story my dad told me. When he was a kid, they crammed the whole family into a VW bug. It was my grandpa, grandma, him and his two sister, and one brother. I'm not sure how they got in, but I couldn't imagine driving 6-7 hours crammed into a small car like a VW. :)

buslady 07-22-2013 04:53 AM

There is nothing better than sitting back watching the kids have fun!!! I could do it for hours! DD and I had a nice visit and we talked about traveling and fun stuff. She made me feel really good when she said, "I know we never had a lot and what we had was old and worn, but what I remember the most was all the fun we had, we were always going somewhere or doing something and that is the memories I want for my kids" Thank you Heidi, I love you too!!!!!