Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   LOVINGIZABELLA's Birthday Journey (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lovingizabellas-birthday-journey-t100416.html)

Elliotsgreatgrandma 02-17-2011 08:05 AM

Good for you, to say you have guts and determination is an understatement. I admire what you have done and love the clothes and it makes me want to get back on the diet and loosing weight which I had given up on. Thank you for sharing.

Gail (Elliotsgreatgrandma)

trupeach1 02-17-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Tears are streaming down my face. My daughter was the victim of a horrid crime June 2009. The doctors never expected her to live. She was hit it the head with a 5lb rock thrown at the cab she was riding in. She suffered a TBI, she had a 2" cut on her brain 23 skull fractures and a shattered eye socket. She will be having surgery #6 in a few weeks. My daughter is alive but my daughter as I knew her died that night. She will never be the same. Wishing you the hope and courage to continue on your journey. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

trupeach...
this has been a 10 year journey for me...
I died the night of the accident also...but I am now who I am.
Your daughter will find herself in time.
Your job as her mother is to LOVE her through it.
I had no one to help me with any of it.
Your daughter is still your daughter; she will blossom and grow as she allows herself to grow.

Thank you for the encouraging words.

madelinkk 02-17-2011 08:50 AM

You story brought me to tears. The clothes are adorable. My doll Lily would look fantastic in any of your ensembles. You are an inspiration to us all.

dreamer2009 02-17-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Tears are streaming down my face. My daughter was the victim of a horrid crime June 2009. The doctors never expected her to live. She was hit it the head with a 5lb rock thrown at the cab she was riding in. She suffered a TBI, she had a 2" cut on her brain 23 skull fractures and a shattered eye socket. She will be having surgery #6 in a few weeks. My daughter is alive but my daughter as I knew her died that night. She will never be the same. Wishing you the hope and courage to continue on your journey. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

trupeach...
this has been a 10 year journey for me...
I died the night of the accident also...but I am now who I am.
Your daughter will find herself in time.
Your job as her mother is to LOVE her through it.
I had no one to help me with any of it.
Your daughter is still your daughter; she will blossom and grow as she allows herself to grow.

Thank you for the encouraging words.

trupeach...
my heart really goes out to you...because this is a very hard journey for both you and your daughter. I hope your daughter is involved in group meetings with other brain injured people. It helps us guage when we have healed through things sort of; it also shows us inside that we are not the only one like we are.
It took me 5 years of rehabbing to learn to walk, talk, read...everything I had so easily done became frustrating struggles and still face it daily. Noise is such a big problem for me and therapy has explained it is part of the PTSD caused by the impact of the accident and I am pretty sure your daughter has issues also. The tiniest sound can send me on a tangent without warning. It took about 8 years before I could hear music again or watch tv. Now even that is for limited times.
Hugs
Patricia

dixiechunk 02-17-2011 09:09 AM

Thanks for telling your story. The doll clothes look wonderful to me. I couldn't make them and I don't have a TBI! The pink suit reminds me of Jackie O.

North Star Mama 02-17-2011 09:22 AM

These are stunning! You could be a wonderful children's clothes designer. Just love your style and color choices. Congratulations!

Gramof6 02-17-2011 09:31 AM

You are such an inspiration to so many! Thank You for being determined to move forward and doing your best. Which these doll clothes are just fantastic! And what a treasure from you to your Grandbaby! She will always cherish these clothes because her dear Grandma made them. And she did a beautiful job! Beautiful job! May I ask what kind of doll this is? I have twin DGD's & this looks like a doll they would like.

grammy17 02-17-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
BEAUTIFUL!!! These are stunning and I know that she will adore it!

I agree. And applaud you for the hard work you have done to come through your TBI. You haven't lost your design ability or your sewing ability. One day at a time. You have completed something I haven't even tackled and I've never had an injury.

delma_paulk 02-17-2011 09:41 AM

Just beautiful! You did a wonderful job of these.
Thanks for sharing.

delma

grannypat7925 02-17-2011 09:43 AM

God Bless you! What an amazing journey! I am so happy for you that you have made such progress!