Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Macy's Parade here I come. Fabric shops too I hope. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/macys-parade-here-i-come-fabric-shops-too-i-hope-t235417.html)

skothing 11-24-2013 03:39 PM

Macy's Parade here I come. Fabric shops too I hope.

In 1977 my father and I planned to go to the parade the fallowing year 1978. He died October 1, 1978. I have wanted to go ever since. We are leaving on Tuesday and returning Saturday. We are going with AAA tours. Everyday is filled with events. Tuesday arrive, Wednesday Statue Liberality, Battery Park , Ground zero memorial, then a 4 hour site seeing tour. Wednesday is projected to have a Nor easter. So I am nervous about the rain. Thursday is the BIG day Parade, then dinner on the Hudson on a Yacht. Never been on a yacht. Friday we go see the Rockettes Christmas program. Lunch at 5 Napkins then Fabric World and Moods. I am sooo scared and excited. Any suggestions on the itinerary?

Maggie_Sue 11-24-2013 03:43 PM

Oh, sew excited for you!!! Have a great time.!

barri1 11-24-2013 03:47 PM

Hope you have a great time.. and it isn't too cold. It was freezing today, and windy.. The parade is awesome..

Luv Quilts and Cats 11-24-2013 04:36 PM

Have a good time!

Elise1 11-24-2013 06:36 PM

Central Park is a must see, if you have time. Sounds like a great trip.

NJ Quilter 11-24-2013 08:12 PM

Hey, skothing, wave to me as we pass by with the Elf on the Shelf balloon! DH is an 'A' pilot...he'll be in advance of the balloon to detect winds. I am a co-captain - will probably be 'park side' so you'll see me running back/forth in a white jumpsuit. Are you in the grandstands at central park? It's awesome. My SIL; nieces; nephews will be there as well.

Don't worry too much about the nor'easter. It will be windy/chilly from what I see at this point. Dress in layers. Get as close to the curb as you can if you are not in the grandstand. HAVE A BLAST! It IS the best parade on earth!

mighty 11-25-2013 07:11 AM

Have a wonderful time!

lynnie 11-25-2013 02:49 PM

look up City Quilter, I heard it's great for fabric shopping. have fun dress warm. I live on the island, never was warm enough for me to venture out for it. tke pics for us.

Kooklabell 11-25-2013 03:37 PM

Dress warm and be ready for winds - the cross winds coming down a street or avenue can be very strong. Wear a hat and make sure you have bottled water. Good and comfortable walking shoes too. City Quilters is at 133 West 25th street, between 6th (Avenue of the Americas) and 7th Avenue. Its a nice little shop if you have time to get there.
The Empire State Building is at 34th street, that's a cool thing to see too. And of course not far from there is Macy's :)
I have a funny feeling that your trip is already filled with plenty to do :) Enjoy! Oh, and just to be more comfortable, don't carry a purse but rather wear something small to keep your money and such in that you can wear under your coat. That way you don't have to worry about setting it down someplace.

cathyvv 11-25-2013 04:33 PM

Enjoy yourself!