Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   magazine scam (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/magazine-scam-t41992.html)

littlehud 04-07-2010 05:19 PM

Mine was for Mc Calls Quilting. Same price though. That's a whole lot more than I paid for my subscription to start with. Scam.

Mousie 04-07-2010 05:24 PM

i received this same thing about two months ago. It is not the first time i have had what appears to be a bill that you neglected to pay.
It is the first time from whoever that is.
Please don't blame Fons and Porter. They have nothing to do with it and their magazine does not cost that much!

Jingle 04-13-2010 11:31 AM

I keep getting renewal notices from Better Homes and Gardens, it says on outside of renewal notice bill is now due, I would renew until I decided to check out when subscription was up, it was paid up for several years, I no longer take time to read any magazines but This Old House and the only one I will renew or buy.

Jingle 04-13-2010 11:31 AM

I keep getting renewal notices from Better Homes and Gardens, it says on outside of renewal notice bill is now due, I would renew until I decided to check out when subscription was up, it was paid up for several years, I no longer take time to read any magazines but This Old House and the only one I will renew or buy.

ShowMama 04-13-2010 01:33 PM

I got the same thing, but it was for Quick Quilts instead. They used the same pricing system though. The subscription was for around $70, but I was going to be allowed to pay it off in two installments.

I haven't and don't ever intend to subscribe to that magazine.

I just tore up the bill and threw it away, but now wish I had kept it and mailed back the voided form with a little piece of my mind!

amandasgramma 04-13-2010 01:38 PM

I signed up for a magazine (not this one) a few years ago. BEFORE I got my first magazine, they sent me a notice that my subscription was running out....and the price was a lot more than what I'd paid. I called them immediately and cancelled....got my money back, too. They got a piece of my mind.

Boston1954 04-13-2010 02:44 PM

I once received 3 bills for a computer mag that I had not subscribed to. My nephew signed me up for one FREE issue. I never got the free one. I told them by phone and mail. Nothing. I finally threatened them with the Better Business Bureau and they stopped.

k9dancer 01-25-2011 04:37 AM

I signed up for a free issue of quilting arts. Never got the free one, but I've had a couple of bills for the magazine. Each time I write "no thanks, cancel" on the bill and mail it back to them (my stamp, too). The last time, yesterday, I wrote all over their letter that I resented being billed when they had not kept their word, and not to bill me again.

Feather3 01-25-2011 06:51 AM

Many are now doing an "Auto-renewal" & if you don't call & cancel they bill you. I just got this from Prevention magazine. First I got an e-mail invoice. Then they sent me a postcard stating if I didn't call by a certain date & cancel my CC would be charged. I called & let them know I was not happy I was being billed for something I didn't order & also not happy I had to use MY TIME to deal with this. Do not ignore these notices. Read the fine print or you may get charged for something you didn't order & then have to go thru red tape to cancel & get your money back. This is a new ploy they're using & should be illegal!