Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Magic Eraser MOP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/magic-eraser-mop-t272791.html)

tessagin 11-30-2015 07:22 AM

I have had the Magic Eraser Mop but if you have one small rise in the floor or cracked tile no matter how small it will tear the mop. Just like the erasers they're good on smooth surfaces but tear easily. I don't like to use Swiffer mops. They do leave residue and streak. I have used the Swiffer dust mop but I dampen the pad for a quick clean up or spray a bleach or vinegar mix with water. That gets me through til a better job and more time.

Littledreamdevil 11-30-2015 08:02 AM

I have used Magic Eraser but I have not seen Magic Eraser Mop in my store. I will have to look for it.
I use a steam mop on all my floors. I have hard wood and tile. Steam mop gets my floors clean. But
Magic Eraser Mop would be nice to have when washing down wall to get in high area and no getting up and down ladder.

ptquilts 11-30-2015 08:08 AM

I would be very careful using it on a wood or vinyl floor. Don't forget it is abrasive. Over time it will wear down the surface it is rubbing up against. If you have any doubts, use a small size one on some painted woodwork - it will take the paint OFF.

It would probably be good on a tile floor if the tile was not shiny.

sept97 11-30-2015 03:02 PM

I used to have one, I liked it but it's cheaply made and had 2 break on me

Painiacs 11-30-2015 04:26 PM

Never heard of it, I have the shark mop n love it

Cheshirecatquilter 12-04-2015 07:21 PM

For a textured floor you need something that will reach down into the grooves. I've found the best thing is a product called Quick N Brite. It comes as a gel in a tub, and you dissolve a scoop of it in warm water. I just slop it on a section of floor and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then wipe it up with a mop. It seems to dissolve the goo that builds up in the textured pattern and even removed the oxidized metal scuffs left from the metal sliders on the bottom of the chair feet. And no bearing down hard to scrub. I just swished the mop over the wet area to pick up the liquid. BONUS: It removes lots of laundry stains when massaged into the spots.

lynnie 12-04-2015 08:59 PM

haven't seen it yet. My cleaning lady gets down on her hands and knees. I think she's crazy, but I have white tile floors

Sandygirl 12-05-2015 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter (Post 7394492)
For a textured floor you need something that will reach down into the grooves. I've found the best thing is a product called Quick N Brite. It comes as a gel in a tub, and you dissolve a scoop of it in warm water. I just slop it on a section of floor and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then wipe it up with a mop. It seems to dissolve the goo that builds up in the textured pattern and even removed the oxidized metal scuffs left from the metal sliders on the bottom of the chair feet. And no bearing down hard to scrub. I just swished the mop over the wet area to pick up the liquid. BONUS: It removes lots of laundry stains when massaged into the spots.

i have Q & Brite! I never even thought about using it. Silly me. Thanks for posting!

sandy

toverly 12-05-2015 05:15 AM

Thanks, I will look for Quick&Brite. I looked at the mops at Wally world. Almost purchased one but realized that they carried no refills. Wally world is bad about that, stocking only the starter not the refills.

Sandygirl 12-07-2015 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 7394752)
Thanks, I will look for Quick&Brite. I looked at the mops at Wally world. Almost purchased one but realized that they carried no refills. Wally world is bad about that, stocking only the starter not the refills.

I think you may need to order it online.
Sandy