Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Mailing package (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mailing-package-t143933.html)

barking-rabbit 08-09-2011 03:35 PM

Decided to finally go to the post office to mail a baby blanket. Head down the road a realize no tape. Get to the post office and find the card and check are missing. Go inside and no small boxes. Go home, find the card on the floor and dig a bix out of the recycle. Try again tomorrow. At least it is only a mile round trip.

Glassquilt 08-09-2011 03:48 PM

:)

yolanda 08-09-2011 03:49 PM

It was a trial run ;-)

Kathios 08-09-2011 03:51 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with those experiences. Have you ever wrapped up a present--just the right size box, lovely paper, ribbon ties perfectly, then you wonder if you actually put the present in the box before you wrapped it?

JanTx 08-09-2011 04:13 PM

I'll be mailing my first quilts tomorrow - two for Quilts for Kids. The fabric they sent me came in an envelope, but I'm thinking that won't work to send two quilts back. What do you use? Priority box? I'm hoping the post office will know and I can do the whole thing in one trip. Maybe?

loves_2_quilt 08-09-2011 05:01 PM

Monday for you too!? Was for me, tomorrow will hopefully be better for both of us.

Quiltbeagle 08-09-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kathios
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with those experiences. Have you ever wrapped up a present--just the right size box, lovely paper, ribbon ties perfectly, then you wonder if you actually put the present in the box before you wrapped it?

LOL! Or if store bought don't know if you took the price tag off?

auntpiggylpn 08-09-2011 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kathios

Yep!!!

auntpiggylpn 08-09-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by barking-rabbit
Decided to finally go to the post office to mail a baby blanket. Head down the road a realize no tape. Get to the post office and find the card and check are missing. Go inside and no small boxes. Go home, find the card on the floor and dig a bix out of the recycle. Try again tomorrow. At least it is only a mile round trip.

OOOOOHHHH!!! And my post office won't even use their tape to tape on the address label or secure an edge that might be questionable!!!

Crabby Patty 08-09-2011 08:53 PM

OOOOOHHHH!!! And my post office won't even use their tape to tape on the address label or secure an edge that might be questionable!!![/quote]

Boy I'm sure glad my post office isn't as stingy as yours. I would never get anything mailed. :shock: