Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Many thanks to Quilting Board members (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/many-thanks-quilting-board-members-t189682.html)

Kimcatlou 05-22-2012 04:47 AM

Many thanks to Quilting Board members

I have to check the Quilting Board every morning; hopefully, not being interrupted by my husband's yelling for more coffee. (He is wheelchair-bound.)

I have learned so much here, but my 2 favorite and most used hints are:
1.Folding fabric over quilting rulers
2.Gluing seams and trims with Elmer's School Glue instead of pinning.

There are many more, but these 2 hints are tops!

SouthPStitches 05-22-2012 05:00 AM

Not only are there many wonderful hints, but isn't nice to feel the kinship from everyone.

zennia 05-22-2012 05:38 AM

I agree with both of you. It's something to look forward to as we star each day.

Wine Woman 05-22-2012 05:53 AM

I have met so many wonderful people from the board! We get together in our area every other month just to gather on an afternoon and share and get caught up. We also take two weekends away each year, usually the beach, and go and just have a great time. It's so nice to go to local events with someone who share the same interest as you. We can send an email and say who's interested in going. It's such a nice circle of friends.

I have received many good ideas, very helpful quilting points, help with questions, and shared patterns. I'm very thankful to have the board to go to when I need something or to be inspired with all the beautiful things people have made.

buslady 05-22-2012 06:39 AM

I love this place. I check for new stuff first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening.

QuiltingCrazie 05-22-2012 06:47 AM

I love it too. before all our stuff got here you guys helped me stay sane through it all!! the QB, my coffee and me have a date every morning. Advise and encourgement is the best. Sometimes I see quilts that "arent my taste" and sometimes my quits I'm sure are not others tastes but non the less several people will love them....great way to support fellow quilters!!!

barny 05-22-2012 06:57 AM

I love this board too. I'm on it way too much, but I can't help myself.ha. Too much stuff to look at. I love it.

crafty pat 05-22-2012 07:27 AM

I love to be here and see all the beautiful work you all do. On days like yesterday when I can not come on I miss it all day.It is a wonderful day when I can bring my coffee and start my day here.

burchquilts 05-22-2012 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by zennia (Post 5234534)
I agree with both of you. It's something to look forward to as we star each day.

Can I agree with all y'all? I'm not able to be out & about like I'd like to be (I have degenerative bone disease & it makes it impossible to drive & just getting out is a pain... literally... LOL!) so it's nice to have such a nice bunch of friends just a few mouse clicks away!

burchquilts 05-22-2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5234757)
I love this board too. I'm on it way too much, but I can't help myself.ha. Too much stuff to look at. I love it.

I hear ya! Me, too! But hey... it keeps us off the streets... LOL!