Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/march-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t215050.html)

Mousie 03-01-2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jodi's Sew Happy (Post 5896549)
Hi I'm in for March. Down 18.2 in February... Doing the happy dance the scale is finally going the right direction... Keep on keeping on everyone.

high five! 18.2...I'd be dancing too...jiggling some, but as I always say: ":) Oh well!:)"

JuneBillie 03-01-2013 08:17 AM

I will continue with my livestrong online tools. I lost 10 pounds in Feb after some setbacks. Here we come March.

Mousie 03-01-2013 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5896579)
I will continue with my livestrong online tools. I lost 10 pounds in Feb after some setbacks. Here we come March.

what are livestrong online tools?
I need all the encouragement one little mousie heart and head can hold...esp. right now!:rolleyes:

Jim's Gem 03-01-2013 09:48 AM

I'm in again for March. I really want to do better than I have.

Jodi, wow!! Great loss

You too Junebillie and ljs317!!!!

Shadowirish 03-01-2013 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem (Post 5896768)
I'm in again for March. I really want to do better than I have.

Jodi, wow!! Great loss

You too Junebillie and ljs317!!!!

What she said!!!!

pokeyscorner 03-01-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie (Post 5895061)
well, I got on the scale today and was really surprised! I'm down 3 pounds since the last time I stepped on it.
That makes a total (from beginning of year), of 12 pounds for me. I am so excited.
I only had two pairs of jeans that fit me and sometimes had to wear dress slacks.
Soon I'll be back into a lot of my clothes...and I will keep going!

PamH, congrats on that six day old baby, grandma! She's a cutie :)

I am finding myself so determined. Motivated by health issues that just were not acceptable!
We've got a whole new month ladies. I know we can do it :thumbup:

Good for you Mousie,
Steady wins the race. It also inspires the rest of us to hang in there.

Cindy,
I'm in for March also.

JuneBillie 03-01-2013 11:47 PM

Mousie try going to livestrong.com There is a lot of info there, and you can join for free, then I go to a part called my plate, and places to put in my calories, weight etc. and even a place to click every time I drink a glass of water. I just find it helpful.

petthefabric 03-02-2013 12:06 AM

I'm in for March. Slow as a tortoise.

petthefabric 03-02-2013 12:15 AM

Here is is past midnight, I need to sleep. I'm quilting a class tomorrow call "Quilt as Desired". I'll be helping people to determine what is desired for their quilt. I'll miss transplanting cedar trees and quilt bee at Judi's. I do get jazzed when teaching. Today, we located and dug holes for transplanting. And DH & I planted a Cherry tree I'd bought about 2 wks ago. Finally my arm feels good gardening.

Vanogay 03-02-2013 05:35 AM

Sounds like the group is really forming for the March 'lose-a-thon'. I stayed the same for the month, ups and downs throughout the month, but at the end, it was the same. For me, I think it was a jar of dry roasted peanuts. Can't eat just one - should never have bought them in the first place, but were for a card game - and forgot to put them out, so the whole jar was calling to me. March is my birth month, so I need to really pay attention as my birthday present to myself!