Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Marriage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/marriage-t123178.html)

linda701 05-15-2011 04:23 PM

this was a beautiful and true story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

WinSumLsSm 06-25-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Carron

Originally Posted by WinSumLsSm
As I sit here and cry my eyes out. This hits home sooo much,

My DH and I are acutally married, divorced, and remarried.

We spent a year and 1/2 apart.. I was actually in another relationship when he came back to say he made an awful mistake.

For the last few mos. I have been doing everything to keep us together. We fight, we argue, we are not even intimate anymore. We werent even intimate on our wedding date (2). :( I find myself wishing that we never got back together..

Reading this made me bawl, I am still bawling.. I do love him, I just cannot get us to be nice to one another.

Just don't give up! Take one day at a time. There was a reason you two first married and that same reason why you two remarried. There is a reason....!

Thank you for that... I mean that.. we are still not talking.. in fact it is worse.. I find myself going back to the how to save your marriage books I bought when we divorced in May of 2009..

I am just exhausted. :-(. Here is the scoop.. All the way. No holds barred.

I lost my job in March, finding another one that is going to pay me what I am worth or atleast what I used to make has not been easy.

DH is used to both of us making really good money.
I am seeing the financial strain on us. I have acted like a witch, and have not been the sweetest wife. I stopped acting like that 2 mos ago. But he is such a respect freak he is not forgiving me. he says he has but I know better.

I ask him do you love me.. he says yes.. I ask him if he is leaving.. he says no... I ask him if he wants our marriage and he says yes... I ask him if we are going to be married forever he says it is up to me.

He tells me to get something else on my mind...

Here is the mistake I am making and I just cannot get myself to stop. As soon as he gets home I run to him.. I am happy to see him.. I try to get a hug and kiss and he doesnt want to.. he shoos me away, that I am bugging him, I feel dissed and dismissed.

I could go on and on... but I am trying to keep myself from crying on the keyboard

blueangel 06-28-2011 01:37 PM

What a touching story.

wolfkitty 06-28-2011 03:51 PM

God bless you, WinSum. Hang in there. Next time he comes home, let him come to you. Before he leaves in the morning, tell him you will wait until he comes to you, and do so. This shows him you will keep your word, and it gives him a chance to keep his word to you (that he does love you, and does not want to leave you). Does this make sense at all, and is it helpful at all?

craftybear 06-28-2011 03:59 PM

thanks for sharing this with us

Chasing Hawk 06-28-2011 04:05 PM

Amazing

LovingIzabella 06-28-2011 04:15 PM

This is absolutely beautiful-thank you for sharing
Hugs
April