Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Marshall Dry Goods fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/marshall-dry-goods-fabric-t280083.html)

grandmahoney 07-01-2016 05:04 AM

Marshall Dry Goods fabric

Has any one bought fabric from Marshall Dry Goods? And what did you think about the quality of the fabric. I get a little worried when I buy on line. I really like to see and feel my fabric. But running all over is not a option I have right now. So I need some advise. Thanks.

ManiacQuilter2 07-01-2016 05:06 AM

I have never bought from them but there are previous posts you can read but doing the advance search. My go to online store is Fabric Shack. I have never been disappointed with anything I bought from them.

dunster 07-01-2016 06:30 AM

I bought some panels from them years ago, and the quality was not great, but I should have known that from the price. I try not to buy fabrics online that aren't from a brand (e.g. Moda, Benartex, Kona Bay, etc.) that I recognize.

Irishrose2 07-01-2016 01:27 PM

I bought from them a year or so ago. Every piece was a little stiff, but not terribly so. The colors are good, though not mainline quality. I have used everything I bought except the wide backing (the stiffest of the lot), so it can't be too bad. It mixes just fine with better fabrics.

DebbieJJ 07-02-2016 01:35 AM

I don't make heirloom or show quilts. I make quilts for use. Most of my quilts are given away, and I have found that the few times I've ordered from Marshall's, their fabrics are great for my use. I guess it's according to what you want to use the fabrics for.

quilterpurpledog 07-02-2016 04:34 AM

When ordering on line I stick to brands whose qualities I know. The big box stores also carry brands of fabric with names we recognize and we know about lesser quality. Marshall's and other online sellers carry all of them and price their products accordingly. So, just know that prices generally reflect those differences in quality. So, know your brands to be confident when buying online.

chickadee 07-02-2016 02:36 PM

Marshall's carries their own line but they also carry name brands like Moda, Jenny Byer, RJ and many others. Iwas just there yesterday.

shasta5718 07-03-2016 07:21 AM

I have bought from them several times and have had no problem with anything I have got. I will continue to buy from them.

TexasSunshine 07-03-2016 12:34 PM

We stopped there a couple of years ago when passing through, prices were great and I had no problems with what I bought. Quality was okay, not the best but fine for kids quilts. They do have some name brands. Wide backing fabric was priced very reasonable.

Slow2Sew 07-03-2016 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by chickadee (Post 7592345)
Marshall's carries their own line but they also carry name brands like Moda, Jenny Byer, RJ and many others. Iwas just there yesterday.

Marshall's also sells their line of fabric to quilt shops.