Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Marshall Dry Goods store? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/marshall-dry-goods-store-t116956.html)

CarolLady 04-17-2011 07:15 PM

Is there just a store for Marshall Dry Goods in Arkansas?

No other place?

Just wondering. I looked it up online and couldn't find any and I
am just hoping.

Thanks
Carol

sewcrafty 04-17-2011 07:23 PM

I believe there is only one in Batesville, AR. At least, that's all I know of.

CarolLady 04-17-2011 07:28 PM

That is what I was afraid of. Thanks for answering!
Carol

jaciqltznok 04-17-2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by CarolLady

No other place?

am just hoping.

Thanks
Carol

they are on EBAY as well!

crafty_linda_b 04-17-2011 11:27 PM

Carol you can go online and order from them. A lady at our church did that. She said the fabric was nice and the price was good too. She ordered some of the wide backing fabrics. crafty_linda_b

SuziC 04-18-2011 03:02 AM

They are great for online ordering.

MzMcKee 04-18-2011 07:35 AM

They have a web address:
www.marshalldrygoods.com

jdiane318 04-18-2011 07:56 AM

They are a store/warehouse. You can go in and shop as well as order on-line. They also sell on ebay. Our Project Linus group has been going there for about 4 years now, 2-3 times a year. We have had no issues with their fabric. Many of the fabrics you find there are in many local quilt shops, they carry a variety of brands. Someone wrote about thin/Wal-mart quality fabric, I haven't found that to be the case at Marshall's. One day we were able to go to the warehouse and buy fabric by the pound. I spend $18.06 and got 89 yards. They have $1 tables with flawed fabric, and it is either very visible to the eye or not but who can't get a $1's worth of use out of the fabric. I got a great piece of turquoise blender that had a small white stripe on the edge by the selvage. Very minimal. Their blenders are comparable to Moda, $3.99 a yard. I have used lots of their batiks with no problems. We go down on Friday after Thanksgiving for our Black Friday and shop. The had all kinds of Christmas fabric for $1.99 a yard. I found some Peanuts gang fabric with Linus and it was marked at $2.99, it is a licensed print, and ended up getting it or a $1 a yard because there was faded ink close to the selvage. I bought all of it. I like the fact they carry 60" width for backing the quilts. I don't like pieceing the backs, and it saves time and money.

lscho4jm 04-18-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by CarolLady

No other place?

am just hoping.

Thanks
Carol

They have an online store. Is that what you are asking? Here is there link if so.
www.marshalldrygoods.com

CarolLady 04-18-2011 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
They are a store/warehouse. You can go in and shop as well as order on-line. They also sell on ebay. Our Project Linus group has been going there for about 4 years now, 2-3 times a year. We have had no issues with their fabric. Many of the fabrics you find there are in many local quilt shops, they carry a variety of brands. Someone wrote about thin/Wal-mart quality fabric, I haven't found that to be the case at Marshall's. One day we were able to go to the warehouse and buy fabric by the pound. I spend $18.06 and got 89 yards. They have $1 tables with flawed fabric, and it is either very visible to the eye or not but who can't get a $1's worth of use out of the fabric. I got a great piece of turquoise blender that had a small white stripe on the edge by the selvage. Very minimal. Their blenders are comparable to Moda, $3.99 a yard. I have used lots of their batiks with no problems. We go down on Friday after Thanksgiving for our Black Friday and shop. The had all kinds of Christmas fabric for $1.99 a yard. I found some Peanuts gang fabric with Linus and it was marked at $2.99, it is a licensed print, and ended up getting it or a $1 a yard because there was faded ink close to the selvage. I bought all of it. I like the fact they carry 60" width for backing the quilts. I don't like pieceing the backs, and it saves time and money.

Thanks Diane... About how long does it take to get to Marshall Dry Goods store from Springfield?

Thanks everyone for the information.

Carol