Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Meet Zoey (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/meet-zoey-t234325.html)

charlotte37830 11-08-2013 07:32 PM

Meet Zoey

1 Attachment(s)
Meet my newest grandbaby. She is #9. Her name is Zoey. She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was 19" long. Her mama was induced at 7 am and she was born at 9:42 am. I spent the whole day at the hospital getting started on the spoiling game. She was very alert. This picture was taken when she was less than an hour old. I hope this works. I've only posted one or two other photos and this is a new computer. Here goes.....

charlotte37830 11-08-2013 07:35 PM

Sorry the photo is so big and that it is on it's side. Not sure why that happened. But at least you can get a good look. Isn't she a beauty!!!!! I guess I might be a tad bit biased. Lol

nanacc 11-08-2013 07:39 PM

Beautiful! And aren't you lucky to be blessed with 9 grands!!

SheriR 11-08-2013 07:42 PM

Oh Charlotte. She's precious!! Aren't grand babies amazing!!

Jackie Spencer 11-08-2013 08:06 PM

Precious, beautiful baby! You are truly blessed! Congratulations Grandma!!

amyjo 11-08-2013 08:42 PM

She sure is pretty and wide awake. Godd job mama and grandma. I am sure grandma has made a quilt or two also haven't you?

Jan in VA 11-08-2013 09:37 PM

Is it appropriate to assume this precious little one was born naturally with no anesthesia? -- the labor was so quick it would seem probable to me. If so, no wonder she is so alert and checking out her new environment.

She is really beautiful, you're a lucky grandma! New quilt in the works??:)

Jan in VA

owlvamp 11-09-2013 03:18 AM

Congratulations!! She is beautiful. You just want to pick them up and hug them. Enjoy every minute you can.

charlotte37830 11-09-2013 04:40 AM

Yes they are amazing. No drugs. They did an epidural since mama has severe asthma, but she came before it had time to take full effect.

I get to see this daughter and her family if not daily, then 5 - 6times a week. So, yes there will be a lot of enjoying her. Yes Nana made her a quilt and also 2 quilted carseat swaddle blankets, a ton of matching spit-up diapers, bibs and pacifier holders. And I know there were a few other things, I just can't think of what they were. Of course, there are other things I plan to make her.

I just talked with Daddy and he said she slept really well last night. They had to wake her up to feed her as she slept for 4 hours straight. Her brothers were so excited. The youngest one cried and had to leave the room when they did blood work and gave her first shot. He did not like for them to hurt his "baby princess". That's what he started calling her a few months ago and we have no idea where he came up with it from. He just started calling her that one day and never stopped.

I noticed that another grandma posted that her grandson was also born yesterday. Thanks for all the kind post everybody.

lockesnest 11-09-2013 04:58 AM

No bias! she is beautiful!