Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Meeting Fellow Board Members Would you be interested! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/meeting-fellow-board-members-would-you-interested-t48980.html)

QuiltingGrannie 06-09-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
Hi ' another Carol here. I have been a member for some time now. I love this QB and enjoy everyone’s ideas/ help/ pictures/ etc. Am a mother/ grandmother/ and just became a great 3 months ago. Sewing is my food of life. I would starve if I could not sew. I wish I could be more outgoing and able to communicate with others but I feel like am a bore so I just listen and learn. Want all to know that am out here enjoying you all and what you have to share. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL YOU JUNE BABIES

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

quilting memaw 06-09-2010 11:53 AM

Hi I am Nora. 55yrs, mother and grandmother. Love to quilt and sew. Especially for babies. And my grand daughters. Have two cats, Mr Pibb and Mr Watson. Live in a small town about 25 minutes from Fort Wayne Indiana. Help with the auctioning of a quilt each year on Labor Day. And help with the Quilt show in October. Unable to work do to Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So I have good days and bad days. It has hampered my sewing quite a bit. Can't sit still like I used to....LOL...Nora

TanyaMas 06-09-2010 12:07 PM

(stands up)
Hi, my name is Tanya,38, in southeast AZ.. and Im a Quiltaholic..
Its been 21 hours since i bought my last fabric and almost 2 hours since i sewed my last seem. (sits down)

:D there are quite a few on here I would love to meet :D
later this year, we will be traveling from here to both Idaho and Illinois to visit family... so im thinking maybe along the way a meeting at their favorite fabric source or for coffee :D
DH is Army, so really no telling exactly when yet lol

CarrieAnne 06-09-2010 12:08 PM

Im CarrieAnne, I live in South Central WIsconsin, in the counrt=y near Whitewater. Have 3 kids, DD is 22, DS's are 19 and almost 17. Love to quilt, but just basic stuff, been doing it a while, lol!
Also an animal nut........love to make chariy quilts for our no kill shelter.
I waitress by day, sometimes bartend at night.....
Would love to meet other board members!

granniebj 06-09-2010 12:10 PM

Hi I'm Bj and I live in Ohio...north of Dayton. I have 2 daughters and one son. There are 7 grands and one great! I'm 58 and would love to meet anyone near me!

ginnie6 06-09-2010 12:40 PM

I'm Ginger and I'm near Charlotte NC. I'm mom to 6, four of who are currently homeschooled. I just started quilting last year but have sewn off and on for years. I raise a few chickens and rabbits too. Oh I'm 45 and would love to have a quilty friend near me!

brushandthimble 06-09-2010 02:45 PM

Ann here, in Hamilton, MA. Thanks for the birthday wish, will be 58 later this month; just celebrated 39th anniversary, job hunting. Three boys 34,32, 29, older 2 are in the Army. 2 DGD ages 9 and 5, one DGS 1 yr old.
Have been sewing since a child and quilting 10 -12 years.

Joanie2 06-09-2010 04:12 PM

Hi, My name is Joan and at 57 I've been quilting over 25 yrs. I went to my first quilting class because I needed some girl time. I have 3 sons ages 30,28 and 23. No DIL's or GK yet.
Like TanyaMas I am a quiltaholic and I love to spend time with my quilt friends whenever I can get them together. This board has given me another outlet for my quilt energy. Thank you all for feeding it.

Janetlmt 06-09-2010 04:14 PM

Hello,
Janet is my name..quilting is my game. I am from Gettysburg Pa. I am married to a wonderful man for 31 years. I am 53 years old and retired 4 years ago. We have a son - 30 and a daughter - 27, one son in law and a granddaughter - Chloe..she is the light of our lives. I come from a long line of quilters. My grandmother was hospitalized and layed in bed to make quilts from scraps people would send to her. My mother who is 89 still quilts..she has made 4 cathedral windows. I started quilting 25 years ago...it is my true passion.

Pam 06-09-2010 04:17 PM

I am Pam, 52, errr, 24 yo. I have 2 kids in college and a wonderful hubby of 30 years. I live in the Tri state area of Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky. I have 3 dogs in the house, I am a mean cat Mommy and make the barn cats stay outside!