Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Members names and what they mean (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/members-names-what-they-mean-t262055.html)

littlebitoheaven 03-06-2015 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie (Post 7112916)
Mine comes from my last name Gerbert (married name has been for 44 years now). When I was teaching, most of my fellow teachers called each other by our last names, so as not to use our first names in front of our students, because we didn't want the students to began calling us by our first names- could have caused some problems. I have a very dear friend that I taught with for several years and she shortened my name and began calling me "Gerbie" she still does. I had different nicknames growing up because of my first name Gradene- pronounced as (graydean) difficult for some to pronounce if they haven't heard it before, a for some who have and I didn't want to use any of them so I just chose Gerbie. I was named after my Dad - Grady and my mother's middle name Irene- thus Gradene.

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

littlebitoheaven 03-06-2015 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7113244)
well mine is Native Texan. Self explainable really. I've been out of my element for just over 25 years now. keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it home to live this year. If I can get help. Then I won't be 1,000 miles from home!

I know the feeling, nativetexan. I moved from my family home in Colorado 43 years ago and my family and my heart are still there. After 43 years and 9 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren, I will call this my second home. (Can't leave now! I would miss seeing my immediate family. They all live within 3 miles of us.)

littlebitoheaven 03-06-2015 06:21 AM

Thank you for participating. I love this. It adds a bit of personal history to the names we see every day.

littlebitoheaven 03-06-2015 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Edie (Post 7114341)
I just use my plain old everyday ordinary name because, if I was anyone else I wouldn't remember the name, so I figure, hey, I've had this name for 76 years now and I can spell it, let it go!!!!!!! Besides, I love the name Edie. I intensely despise the name Edith. I was named after my aunt Edith and I let everyone call her Edith and I was always called Edie. I loved my aunt dearly, but I just didn't like the name Edith My husband always called me Ede and that was his term of endearment for me and no one else ever called me that.

It is my name. Edie

Love the name "Edie". It is my first great granddaughter's name. Edie Esme. She is a sweet and beautiful child. You know how you picture certain people that you have known in the past when you hear their name again? Well, I will always think of a sweet and beautiful person when I hear the name "Edie".

captlynhall 03-08-2015 07:40 PM

In my other life, I ran a charter boat. Had to be a Coast Guard licensed captain to do that. My name is Lynda so captlyn
tends to get used a lot as screen names. This has really been fun.

ILoveToQuilt 03-09-2015 04:55 PM

I Love To Quilt .... 'nuff said.

ILoveToQuilt 03-09-2015 05:10 PM

For those of you who asked, I started a thread called "Why or how did you choose your screen name? What does it mean?" back on 6/3/2012 here in the Chit Chat forum. (Don't know how to link back to previous threads, but that is the name and date of it).