Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   met West Australian quilters today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/met-west-australian-quilters-today-t101620.html)

blahel 02-21-2011 01:04 AM

i just wanted to say that this morning 4 west Australian quilters and i met for the first time thanks to this board! :thumbup: :lol:
the members that were there were Litacats, Earthwalker, Craftygirl and Deidre Ann. We had a lovely time chatting over coffee and Litacats even bought little gifts for all of us which were lovely. We all got a pincushion and scented sachet which have pride of place next to my sewing machine. Thanks Litacats!!
Unfortunately it wasnt until I got home I realised we hadnt taken any pictures :thumbdown: but there is always next time!
I hope any other West Aussie quilters reading this will get in touch so that when we meet again next maybe there will be more of us!!

litacats 02-21-2011 01:52 AM

wasn't it a wonderful day. I am so glad we could all get together. I have had a date thrown at me for the 25 of March by a lady that couldn't join us today, so if anyone would like to take us up on that day let us know,
Litacats

CarrieAnne 02-21-2011 03:43 AM

How fun!

cjomomma 02-21-2011 05:01 AM

That's awesome that you all get together. Sounds like you had fun. Litacats you are such a sweety.

earthwalker 02-21-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
That's awesome that you all get together. Sounds like you had fun. Litacats you are such a sweety.

I had a great time, it was lovely to meet the others and how the time flew......look forward to doing it again sometime.

Pat P 02-21-2011 05:46 PM

blahel is that a pizza oven I SPY IN YOUR AVATAR? We put one in over a year ago and boy do we have the parties1 Pat P

Cybrarian 02-21-2011 06:22 PM

Meeting new friends face to face, how great for you all- glad you had a good time!

cjomomma 02-21-2011 07:41 PM

I want to go to Australia on a vacation but I don't think I could take the long plane ride with my anxiety. It's nice to know that quilters on the other side of the world are getting together too.

pennyj123 02-21-2011 07:51 PM

wish i was there. just don't seem to be getting back there until at least august/september at this stage. My sister says i have to be over there for the spring flowers this year. I am always missing what her garden looks like. ):
But i will start and count the days after the wedding in April. :)

blahel 02-22-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by litacats
wasn't it a wonderful day. I am so glad we could all get together. I have had a date thrown at me for the 25 of March by a lady that couldn't join us today, so if anyone would like to take us up on that day let us know,
Litacats

at this stage 25th of March sounds good as i dont usually work Fridays..so count me in! :thumbup: