Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Michael Jackson death (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/michael-jackson-death-t22365.html)

bearisgray 07-04-2009 03:02 PM

What a sad ending -

nativetexan 07-06-2009 07:54 AM

He had a very sad life. strange and sad.

Mousie 07-06-2009 09:27 AM

My daughter had his book, and I read some of it, several years ago. I always thought Michael was very misunderstood. He made some, not great choices, but he never lived a normal life.
I am puzzled about his wish for his mother to raise his children though.
She was not able to keep Michael's father from being abusive to their children, so I am not sure, why Michael wanted this.
I think of Michael, David Cassidy and Donny Osmond as part of my teen years. I was very saddened by all three deaths, that occurred recently, but Michael's was very sudden and unexpected. Too bad, it didn't at least happen, after his tour. Maybe he would have found some happiness.

littlehud 07-06-2009 10:27 AM

He was such a cute little boy when he first started. I guess he never had a normal childhood and seemed to have so many problems as he grew older. I felt sorry for him. So sad.

sewmuch 07-06-2009 06:04 PM

Yes, he had a very sad life and was taken advantage of by many people. I too think its odd that he would want his mother to care for his children. I just heard that their bio mother is going to try for custody, after having no contact w/them for years, these kids will have a tough time too. Very sad.
Donald Trump just said some very nice things about Michael, he knew him well.

ScubaK 07-06-2009 08:55 PM

I am having a problem with people that are picking up their tickets to the memorial and screaming like they are going to a rock concert!!!
It is a memorial service, for jimminey crickets!!!
Show some quiet and some respect...
K

Darlene 07-07-2009 02:59 AM

I remember the Jackson 5 in the late 60's and they were so talented. When I saw the films of Michael in the later years I didn't realize how talented and genius-like he really was. I was so shocked by his death it was like when Elvis died. Or Princess Diana you just don't expect these people to die so abruptly. I just hope Michael has found peace.

Mousie 07-07-2009 06:49 AM

hubby told me last night, that Michael's manager, or someone, came up with an idea to have a drawing for 18,000 tickets, so some fans, could attend a service for him.
Lots of ppl, went to ebay to sell these tickets!
Is that not one of the most base of human behaviors? greed.
It's too bad, that with all the shows and things on tv, highlighting Michael's celebrity/entertainer - genius...where were ppl, when he was accused?
For me, it all started, when he agreed to an interview with Oprah.
PPl had never heard him speak before, and he was stigmatized, profiled, after that.
He was acquitted, but never the same.
Now he has to be dead, like all the big stars, to become immortally loved and adored.

BellaBoo 07-07-2009 08:40 AM

Sad but not unexpected. His lifestyle was out of control like Anna Nicole Smith's.

Ninnie 07-07-2009 09:13 AM

His funeral is on CBS today, if any of you want to watch.