Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Michiganders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/michiganders-t38458.html)

burnsk 03-02-2010 09:34 PM

Hi,
Some of us from Michigan have connected and had the opportunity to get together, do some shop hopping, have lunch and get to know each other. I thought I'd start this as a topic so more of us could touch base with each other, maybe plan more get togethers, and share info about some of our LQS.

We're hoping to get together again this month. Not sure when or where we're going to meet - I think somewhere between Taylor and Livonia.

Is anyone interested in this as a topic? I wasn't sure if this should go under chit-chat.

watterstide 03-03-2010 12:49 AM

I am in! :) It was great meeting you,sunkistmi and Dee Dee!

LindaR 03-03-2010 05:58 AM

I would love to meet but driving alone that far is out of the question for me LOL, I am way up in NE Michigan and thats about a 3/4 hour trip....let us know who showed up

burnsk 03-03-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

I think it was DeeDee that suggested the 13th. Is that a good date for everyone interested in meeting? I'll be coming to your area - so do you have a suggestion for a place to meet? Shopping and eating - can't wait.

I don't have all the information, I will get it if anyone wants it, but a museum on main street in Belleville is having a quilt show the month of March. It runs Tuesday through Saturdays from 12-4:00 pm. Admission is $2. Sponsored by Threads and Treasures

These are some of the discussion/demo topics:
March 5-6 Orphan Blocks
March 18 at the Library - Progression of quilting
20 & 26-Hardinger emb. demo
27 - Underground RR

Hope you're all having a good day - I've got sunshine here so I'm getting outside -gotta rev up my internal solar cells.

burnsk 03-03-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I would love to meet but driving alone that far is out of the question for me LOL, I am way up in NE Michigan and thats about a 3/4 hour trip....let us know who showed up

Will do.

I'll be up in Wolverine, just south of Indian River probably in May or June. Will I be anywhere near you? Maybe we can get together. And maybe someone from up in your area will get in on this topic and you can meet and have a little shop hop/lunch. I hope this topic spreads state wide and we can all make new friends.

Have you been to the quilt house in Indian River? The owner is a little bundle of energy and always so enthusiastic about my projects and so helpful if I get stuck. Just wish I didn't live 5 hours from there.

vickig626 03-03-2010 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk

Originally Posted by watterstide

I think it was DeeDee that suggested the 13th. Is that a good date for everyone interested in meeting? I'll be coming to your area - so do you have a suggestion for a place to meet? Shopping and eating - can't wait.

I don't have all the information, I will get it if anyone wants it, but a museum on main street in Belleville is having a quilt show the month of March. It runs Tuesday through Saturdays from 12-4:00 pm. Admission is $2. Sponsored by Threads and Treasures

These are some of the discussion/demo topics:
March 5-6 Orphan Blocks
March 18 at the Library - Progression of quilting
20 & 26-Hardinger emb. demo
27 - Underground RR

Hope you're all having a good day - I've got sunshine here so I'm getting outside -gotta rev up my internal solar cells.

Kay is a great lady to deal with (if you don't know her). Her shop is behind her house and small but she has a LOT of fabric. I was just there last week. If anyone is interested in the quilt show and visiting Threads and Treasures, there's also a great Mexican Restaurant in the area just off I-94 and Belleville Rd. I'll keep 3/13 open to see where we end up. There's also a nice shop in Dearborn on Michigan Ave near Wayne Road.....another Michigan Ave, off Outer Drive in Dearborn. We're lucky in this area to have a nice variety of shops. There's also 2 in Wyandotte.

Up North 03-03-2010 09:02 AM

Will do.

I'll be up in Wolverine, just south of Indian River probably in May or June. Will I be anywhere near you? Maybe we can get together. And maybe someone from up in your area will get in on this topic and you can meet and have a little shop hop/lunch. I hope this topic spreads state wide and we can all make new friends.

Have you been to the quilt house in Indian River? The owner is a little bundle of energy and always so enthusiastic about my projects and so helpful if I get stuck. Just wish I didn't live 5 hours from there.

Some of us from Up North should plan a get together too. I live in the N/E.

burnsk 03-03-2010 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Up North

Will do.

Some of us from Up North should plan a get together too. I live in the N/E.

I live in Ann Arbor but go up to Wolverine starting in May to visit with my sister who summers up there. It's so beautiful up there. I usually spend about a week at a time. Would love to get together sometime. LindaR lives up there somewhere, too.

OdessaQuilts 03-03-2010 11:06 AM

Would love to join you gals, but I'm in the Saginaw Bay area, and just can't justify that kind of a drive right now (too many ongoing projects to get out for a day of "potential stash adding"! LOL

Actually, I have met UpNorth, and I know there are a few here from the Saginaw/Midland/Mount Pleasant areas, too. Whaddya say, folks, should we plan a get-together near us, too?

Odessa

STAR 03-03-2010 11:27 AM

yes I would love to meet some of you if possible. I currently am in west michigan. I am actually going on a shop hop this next weekend, Mar13-20th. It includes shops around here in Grand Rapids, south haven, Kalamazoo, etc.