Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   middle name (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/middle-name-t91134.html)

jljack 01-19-2011 10:38 AM

I use my full first name now. From the time I was little I was called Jan, which started with my mom. She named my after Janis Paige, a singer of that era, but spelled it Janice. When I moved to a new city in 1990 I decided to use my full first name...now everyone (except my family and really old friends) calls me Janice. I like it better.

Beth33 01-20-2011 08:26 AM

Middle

Born Mary Elizabeth, when I was young they called me Mary, which I hated, because all the neighborhood kids made fun of me. (I was in a catholic school so they'd say here comes virgin Mary). So when I was about 12 I decided I wanted to be called Beth, and for months I didn't answer anyone who called me Mary. Eventually it stuck. By the time I was in high school, mostly everyone called me Beth.

Daddy now calls me Mary Beth, for some reason I don't mind it coming from him, I figure at least he's trying to compromise. Mom only calls me Mary, or Mary Elizabeth when she thinks I've done something stupid. My younger brother sometimes calls me Mary - just to aggravate- but that's what little brothers are for ;)

patsyo56721 01-20-2011 02:16 PM

I go by my first Patsy but have shortened it to Pat

RugosaB 01-26-2011 08:17 AM

An older thread, I know, but I have met one other person, in my whole 52 years, whose name is Veronica (Ann) and goes by Vickie
The story is, my mom wanted to name me after a saint (the patron saint of Laundry workers no less) and didn't like my uncle Ronnie, so called me Vickie

Slow2Sew 01-26-2011 10:44 AM

My initials are P.S. and my middle name is Marie. I go by a nickname; however, I NEVER use my three initials! :oops:

MaineGirl76 01-26-2011 11:09 AM

First.

jojo47 01-27-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Beth33
Middle

Born Mary Elizabeth, when I was young they called me Mary, which I hated, because all the neighborhood kids made fun of me. (I was in a catholic school so they'd say here comes virgin Mary). So when I was about 12 I decided I wanted to be called Beth, and for months I didn't answer anyone who called me Mary. Eventually it stuck. By the time I was in high school, mostly everyone called me Beth.

Daddy now calls me Mary Beth, for some reason I don't mind it coming from him, I figure at least he's trying to compromise. Mom only calls me Mary, or Mary Elizabeth when she thinks I've done something stupid. My younger brother sometimes calls me Mary - just to aggravate- but that's what little brothers are for ;)

I have a cousin, also named Mary Elizabeth, and she also hated the name Mary...even read me the riot act when my DH and I christened our firstborn Mary (we always liked the name, still do, and the name suited our daughter). I've recently heard from her, and she now goes by Libby...(I'm still partial to the name Mary...always will be...)

mountain-moma 01-27-2011 06:51 PM

First

MadQuilter 01-27-2011 09:24 PM

We were too poor to give me a middle name :-(