Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Midnite on Christmas eve and Grandkids stockings are in the attic (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/midnite-christmas-eve-grandkids-stockings-attic-t173432.html)

1screech 12-27-2011 10:08 PM

Midnite on Christmas eve and Grandkids stockings are in the attic

1 Attachment(s)
On Christmas Eve as I was putting the grand kids presents under the tree, I realized their stockings had not come out of the attic. I knew my husband was not going to move the boat and crawl up there at that time of the night and I had no idea what box they might be stored. I improvised. I had some large Target bags and I drew two stockings on each bag...went to my sewing room and sewed the bags and then cut the two stockings" apart. Yep, I wrote their names on each bag stocking with a black magic marker and filled them and hung them. My kids think I am a sick puppy. My grand kids had awfully funny looks on their faces. I guess I am a sick puppy because I was giggling the whole time I was running them through the machine. I told the kids not to rip them because I would want to use them next year. hehehe! If I can post a picture I will. I was so tired that the giggling did me good. hehehe!

BMP 12-27-2011 11:59 PM

A girl has to do what a girls has to do...great thinking they are actually cute !!!

toadmomma 12-28-2011 04:14 AM

What a great idea, and you recycled, great job a thinking quick on your feet.

Moonglow 12-28-2011 04:16 AM

Great idea! Smart thinking!

Susan G. 12-28-2011 05:03 AM

Great Idea!! They look great too.

grannie cheechee 12-28-2011 05:05 AM

Don't they call that mother of invention? Or maybe we should say Grandma's invention. Either way good thinking!!!!!!!!!

carreen 12-28-2011 05:10 AM

Who'da thunk? good idea.

jad1044 12-28-2011 06:13 AM

What an ingenious idea!! Who'd have thought of it? But, I love the idea - and it is making memories!!! Someday those little ones will come back to saying 'Grandma, why did we get plastic bag stockings that one year?" and you'll have a story to tell. Once they are older, they'll remember and realize how thoughtful you were, when you were too tired to climb up to the attic and search half the night for what might not have been found, as tired as you were... You're a wonderful grandmother!!!

mummadee 12-28-2011 07:05 AM

Quick thinking! They look cute too.

Tink's Mom 12-28-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by toadmomma (Post 4817249)
What a great idea, and you recycled, great job a thinking quick on your feet.

Ditto...You made sure that they all had stockings!

A couple of years back, my oldest son wanted to know why he didn't have a stocking this year....I told him that if he didn't give it back to me...it doesn't get filled the next year. He found his stocking from the previous years, rather quickly! And, makes sure to hand it to me on Christmas Morning.