Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Miniature Doll Houses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/miniature-doll-houses-t131369.html)

DonnaB 06-19-2011 09:22 PM

I too love miniature doll houses, I have 3 completed, and 2 in the making. My GDD love to play with them, with supervision of course.

If you ever get a chance to go The House on The Rocks, near Spring Green, WI - an ecentric man (can't remember his name now)_ collected everything, his dollhouse collection numbers well over 200 miniature houses....you can spend hours just in the miniature area. He also has numerous collections that your hubby would like such as guns, ocean liners, knives, cars, war memobilia. It takes all day to go thru this museum, but well worth it.

Midwestmary 06-20-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaB
I too love miniature doll houses, I have 3 completed, and 2 in the making. My GDD love to play with them, with supervision of course.

If you ever get a chance to go The House on The Rocks, near Spring Green, WI - an ecentric man (can't remember his name now)_ collected everything, his dollhouse collection numbers well over 200 miniature houses....you can spend hours just in the miniature area. He also has numerous collections that your hubby would like such as guns, ocean liners, knives, cars, war memobilia. It takes all day to go thru this museum, but well worth it.

Thanks, Donna B for the info. House on the Rocks is not too far from me but I've never been there. Sounds like it would be a great place to visit.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Becka 06-20-2011 10:04 AM

I have a plum pudding that I've been working on for about 15 years. I love to hand-make the stuff to put inside (food, flowers, rugs, curtains, etc) and "redecorate" every little bit. It's wired, too, so it's lots of fun to light up at night :)

madamekelly 06-20-2011 01:27 PM

I made my daughters a doll house out of a rotating mechanism for a swivel rocker. I attached the swivel to a 3' by 3; piece of plywood, then made walls by attaching to pieces of plywood for the walls in an 'X' so it had four rooms. We had a blast making furniture for it, and decorating it. It ended up just the right size for the "Barbie" dolls. Great memories. Thanks.

Dee 06-20-2011 08:21 PM

Long time ago I helped a neighbor make a Victorian one for her DD. I even made the drapes and braided rug for it.

wenot 06-20-2011 10:26 PM

I used to make and sell miniatures on fairs, i have a few doll houses myself that i will eventually finish. I packed everything away and sold my merchandise when our son was born 3 years ago, i was affraid he would get a hold on small items and sufficate...But i do miss it sometimes, and also going and selling on the doll house fairs..Very friendly people..We just had a babygirl, so it will take another few years before i get to unpack all my treasures and pick up again