Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Missing Mom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/missing-mom-t121555.html)

great aunt jacqui 05-07-2011 04:59 PM

Saddest moms day this year for my great neices they lost their mom 4 years ago. Last month the oldest had a baby boy, In August the youngest will have a baby boy too. They have missed their mom immensley but this year has been the hardest for them. so sad :-(

cakebaker 05-07-2011 05:00 PM

What joy she brought to your life. I remember my mother being the same way and I miss her.

hspirit_99 05-07-2011 05:17 PM

having just lost my mom in Feb this year, this is turning out to be the worst mothersday ever. but i do wish the moms on here a happy one.

BobbiSue 05-07-2011 05:22 PM

Mama passed on Mother's Day 2009. She was an Alzheimer's victim. I miss her more than I can ever say. She taught me so much.... how to be a lady who was not afraid to get my hands dirty helping others. The key work she taught was Lady. Never heard a nasty word pass her lips. Saying all this, I'll love her to my dying day but wouldn't bring her back in the condition she was in for any price. I can't bring her back but I can go to her. God bless you and all the other mothers this Mother's day 2011.

quilt queen 2 05-07-2011 06:05 PM

I too find that I still miss my Mom. She died when I was 20 and each year on Mother's Day I think of the wonderful memories she left in such a short lifetime. I hope that I can also leave such good memories when I'm gone.Happy Mother's Day to all

nursie76 05-07-2011 06:10 PM

QuiltingGrannie - I understand exactly what you are saying and feeling. My mum has been gone for 8 years now, and I found myself talking to her a lot this past week. Like your mum she taught me to sew and so much about life. I know that she would be so proud to know that I have once again started to quilt, something I had just begun the year before she passed.

Your post is a wonderful tribute to your mum, thanks so much for sharing.

JanetM 05-07-2011 06:19 PM

Today was my Mom's Memorial. She died April 25th, so this will be my first Mother's Day without her. I am fortunate to have had her for as long as I did.
Some of you lost your Mom's when you were quite young...my sympathies to all of you.

For those of you who still have your Mom's, if you can, spend precious time with them and have a Happy Mother's Day.♥♥♥

MoMiMi 05-07-2011 07:48 PM

It's been 6 years for me that I lost my Mom. I think she sewed every day of her adult life. Out of my 4 grandkids, she only got to know 1 of them. It hurts me that the other 3 did not meet her. Does the empty feeling ever go away?

Janquiltz 05-07-2011 11:07 PM

JanetM - My heart goes out to you and to all who know the sorrow of not having our Mom's here except in our hearts and memories.

Next month it will be 11 years since my Mom died. I still miss her every day, but Mother's Day is especially difficult to get through without some tears. She taught me to knit, embroider, crochet, sew, and to enjoy reading. We learned how to do rubber stamping and spent many an enjoyable hour together doing that. We both enjoyed the same types of books, and I really miss being able to share books with her. She would have really loved having a Nook and downloading books from our library.

For those of us without a Mom to hug, we just need to wrap ourselves in happy memories and special times we shared with our Moms. For those who still have a Mom whether near or far, count your blessings, let her know she is loved, and have a Happy Mother's Day.

watterstide 05-08-2011 02:58 AM

i hear you..i miss my grandma, who raised me. Blessings and warm and happy thoughts today for all of you,missing your mom, for whatever reason.