Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   More bowling talk (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/more-bowling-talk-t148466.html)

jitkaau 08-28-2011 05:54 AM

9 Attachment(s)
We have just finished our annual exhibition and I am quite chuffed that I managed to sell 23 of the 31 bowls that I made for the exhibition. I've enclosed a few pics of some of them for those who may be interested.

Retro vase shape - fun to do.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247898[/ATTACH]

I made some into hats..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247899[/ATTACH]

Three on display
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247900[/ATTACH]

Lined up ready to exhibit.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247901[/ATTACH]

I'm experimenting with varied stitching.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247902[/ATTACH]

I'm attempting different textures as well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247903[/ATTACH]

The last I will post-30 metres of rope in this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247911[/ATTACH]

MTS 08-28-2011 05:57 AM

Beautiful work! I love the first one - the tall vase. Gorgeous.

3incollege 08-28-2011 05:58 AM

I love the Hat!! Your work is stunning! I tried to make a bowl a few years a go and it was horriable, maybe when I get some time I will try again. You must be proud.

Connie in CO 08-28-2011 05:58 AM

I just love that hat.Your other bowls are just beautiful.

genafan201 08-28-2011 06:06 AM

I just started making these bowls, and wow! I can only hope I get half as good as you...Wonderful work!

PS...when you said "bowling talk", I was thinking I needed to get my bowling ball out again LOL!

luv-e 08-28-2011 07:38 AM

Wow!!!! What beautiful work!!!!!
I love them all!!
I too thought about getting my Bowling Ball out!!! hehehe

Murphy 08-28-2011 08:11 PM

I LOVE the hat. The retro bowl is gorgeous, but I LOVE the hat (smile). They are all wonderful. Good work. Thanks for sharing.

Juliebelle 08-29-2011 03:16 AM

Really pretty

karenm36 09-03-2011 05:12 AM

These are all so gorgeous!!!! Love the new textures you're able to achieve. I sure wish I could see them even closer up. I'm just learning how to make these...and they are so much fun. You mentioned that you've been selling them. How do you come up with a price? I've been asked to sell some and I don't even know where to begin with deciding on a price.

jitkaau 09-05-2011 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by karenm36
These are all so gorgeous!!!! Love the new textures you're able to achieve. I sure wish I could see them even closer up. I'm just learning how to make these...and they are so much fun. You mentioned that you've been selling them. How do you come up with a price? I've been asked to sell some and I don't even know where to begin with deciding on a price.

I really liked the one that you did and you should be confident enough to sell with nice work like that. What I did was add up all of the components, add the commission price that the Gallery takes and decide on a reasonable amount to make on each bowl. Count all of your petrol costs as well. I don't believe you can charge the proper labour costs as it would make the price prohibitive. However, I put a reasonable price and am quite happy with how they were received. Next year I will add a lid to a few of them but that would make them more expensive. I will make some lampshades as well.