Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Muffin at War with the Purple monster (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/muffin-war-purple-monster-t214425.html)

QultingaddictUK 02-21-2013 08:08 AM

Muffin at War with the Purple monster

1 Attachment(s)
Muffin does not like me vacuuming but even a quilter has to do it some times. The Purple monster, the Dyson, used to terrify her but now she has her comfy favourite bed, the pillowcase filled with odd cuttings and threads, she will even take that on rather than desert it, she's priceless :)

rjwilder 02-21-2013 08:17 AM

Muffin is so cute! I have a cat that doesn't like the Dyson, he usually lays on the corner of my work table on his quilt when I vacuum.

Kathy Osterby 02-21-2013 08:25 AM

My cats disappear as soon as they see the monster coming. I have peace for at least 2 hours before they return. One likes to sleep on my cutting table on the fabric and the other on the ironing board. One has passed on the other now lives with my DD in ILL. Now I have a new kitten who tries to catch the needle of the sewing machine etc. (no door on sewing room)

Chasing Hawk 02-21-2013 10:13 AM

Kola doesn't like to vacuum. She would rather nap than touch the power button.
She doesn't like to do the dishes either. Even though we have a dishwasher, I mean how hard is it to load a dishwasher?

And the worst thing she does is, she leaves her cat toys laying all over the place.

Do any of you have this problems and how do you handle it?

Pollytink 02-21-2013 03:36 PM

I've seen things about using a vac on the cat/dog to remove hair.....what I want to know is how do they get near the animal with a vac??!!! My Tinkerbell runs for the hills!

barri1 02-21-2013 04:39 PM

My guy is not fond of the vacuum, or steam cleaner.. He tries to attack it until he gets banished to another room..

Chasing Hawk 02-21-2013 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pollytink (Post 5878789)
I've seen things about using a vac on the cat/dog to remove hair.....what I want to know is how do they get near the animal with a vac??!!! My Tinkerbell runs for the hills!

I think you have to start them out when they are young. Just like bathing a cat...yes it can be done without getting shredded. My daughter had a cat who would swim in the tub.

mighty 02-21-2013 06:35 PM

Muffin is so cute!!!!!

Jan in VA 02-21-2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5878977)
......My daughter had a cat who would swim in the tub.

You've got be kidding; I'd LOVE to see that! Mine jump off the porch if I'm even just filling the water dish, the scaredies!

Jan in VA

shawnan 02-21-2013 10:36 PM

I had a cat who loved to be vacuumed. He would come running as soon as I turned it on and would roll from one side to the other while I cleaned him. He would also come running when I would run a bath. He would sit on the toilet the whole time the tub was filling and after I would get into the tub he would stretch out from the toilet to the tub (small bathroom) and wait for me to scoop up hot bath water in my hands for him to drink. Then he would just lay down on the toilet and snooze until I was done with my bath. I sure miss him.