Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Multi-taking (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/multi-taking-t197128.html)

Cagey 08-09-2012 07:14 AM

Multi-taking

Since I have to multi-multi task at work, I've become in the habit of doing several things at one time even at home. I find it hard to wash the dishes without doing something else at the same time. Its a habit I'm trying to break as I want to retire soon and learn to relax a bit. I was quilting the other day and realized that one of the things I love about quilting is that it will not let me multitask. Its impossible to look through books, sew, iron, or cut at the same time!

amandasgramma 08-09-2012 07:17 AM

:) :) I'm like you --- we exchange "multi-tasking" to "having 20 UFOs!!!!! :)

Nanamoms 08-09-2012 03:49 PM

I'm having trouble just single-tasking these days!

burchquilts 08-10-2012 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms (Post 5429716)
I'm having trouble just single-tasking these days!

Hey, I resemble that remark! I'm the same way & personally feel "multi-tasking" isn't all its cracked up to be! What happened to "the destination is the journey"? Or maybe I'm just too simple-minded to multi-task... LOL!

barri1 08-10-2012 02:42 AM

I have a job that I multitask, and can have conversations with different people at the same time.. I come home, and I don't stop. dog just watches me.. As for housework? I'm having a major problem with not doing it..

jeank 08-10-2012 03:49 AM

Oh, yes you can multi=task while quilting. I listen to audio books in my sewing room. Then any hand work can be done while watching TV. I sewed down a queen sized binding with the olympics.

Musicmom2 08-11-2012 03:18 AM

I discovered yesterday that my multi tasking days may be ending. I was sitting in a drive thru getting my lunch when my cell phone rang. I didn't want to answer it, just see who was calling. As I picked up my phone, I hit the button to answer and at the same time, the girl came to the window to give me my change. I'm hearing "hello, hello" from my right and "thank you ma'am" from my left. I reach for my change with my left hand, answer my phone with my right ( my eye doctor's office setting up an appointment for me ), put the truck in drive and start to leave. As I'm leaving I realize I don't have my food yet! I stop the truck, I can't back up because the person behind me is right on my tail. So, I get out of the truck, walk back to the window to get my food from the girl at the window, laughing at me. Get back in the truck, drive around the building to the parking lot to eat my lunch and realize I have forgotten what time I just made my eye doctor's appointment for. Oh my, good thing it was Friday.

mjsylvstr 08-11-2012 04:05 AM

amandasgramma wrote

I'M LIKE YOU...WE EXCHANGE MULTI TASKING IS TO HAVING 20 UFOS
__________________________________________________ _____
Isn't that our multi-taking of quilting.........

I have bought cute little matching storage boxes in which to put my present project when I decide that I must start another immediately......

or when I see a new pattern and tell myself I will just pick the fabric for it and store for later production.

I now have a shelf of UFO storage boxes, ready for when I am ready!!!!!

.......but I wouldn't change it for anything.......love being able to go from one to another as the mood swings!!!!!

coopah 08-11-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by jeank (Post 5430411)
Oh, yes you can multi=task while quilting. I listen to audio books in my sewing room. Then any hand work can be done while watching TV. I sewed down a queen sized binding with the olympics.

I do the same thing! Otherwise, my sewing room doesn't get visited. I normally don't like "noise," but need it when I sew. Music, TV, audio books are all good.

darleneerickson 08-11-2012 05:06 AM

You could listen to books on tape!