Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My 2 beauties decorating cookies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-2-beauties-decorating-cookies-t82286.html)

sewred 12-12-2010 08:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd share pictures of my 2 beautiful girls decorating christmas cookies last night!

Lynneander 12-12-2010 08:41 AM

Miss those days (mine are grown with their own families). Thanks so much for sharing ... looks like they had a great time!

Sunflower Girl 12-12-2010 08:41 AM

What fun, don't you know years from now they won't remember what they got for Christmas that year but how much fun they had decorating cookies!!

amma 12-12-2010 08:47 AM

Awww what fun!! Your DDs are so pretty :D:D:D

DebinNY 12-12-2010 08:56 AM

They are beauties!!! Thanks for sharing such a special moment with us!!! :)

KathyAire 12-12-2010 09:05 AM

They are, indeed, beauties. Such fun. Enjoy them.

raptureready 12-12-2010 09:08 AM

Decorating cookies with kids is so much fun. They look like they're having a ball. They're definately beauties and the cookies are pretty too.
This reminds me of when my sister used to decorate cookies with her two ornery boys. The youngest insisted that he wanted round ones so that he could put white icing and they'd look like snowballs. That was fine with her so she made some round ones and let him decorate them. When she looked again he'd taken clear yellow icing and drizzled here and there onto the white. She said, "Mike what are you doing?" He looked up and answered, "Dogs. Yellow snow." He was only about 6 then but they made Dog Snow cookies for years afterward.

debbieumphress 12-12-2010 09:09 AM

So, so cute. I love cooking one big day at holidays and then dividing up the goodies among everyone who helped. They look like they are having lots of fun.

julia58 12-12-2010 09:11 AM

Looks like alot of fun. Mine are grown also, and I miss the days when they were young like this. Enjoy, it goes so fast.

sewred 12-12-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Decorating cookies with kids is so much fun. They look like they're having a ball. They're definately beauties and the cookies are pretty too.
This reminds me of when my sister used to decorate cookies with her two ornery boys. The youngest insisted that he wanted round ones so that he could put white icing and they'd look like snowballs. That was fine with her so she made some round ones and let him decorate them. When she looked again he'd taken clear yellow icing and drizzled here and there onto the white. She said, "Mike what are you doing?" He looked up and answered, "Dogs. Yellow snow." He was only about 6 then but they made Dog Snow cookies for years afterward.

HA HAHA that's too funny! Yes we had fun decrating the cookies and they tasted better cause we made them! hee hee