Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Avatar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-avatar-t214428.html)

MaryKatherine 02-21-2013 08:35 AM

My Avatar

I considered changing my picture. I NEVER post a true picture on any of the sites I belong to, even facebook Heavens! My sister has been razzing me about that so I thought I might post my NEW driver's licence picture. Well it arrived..... HA!.... it's never going to see the light of day. Scare kids on halloween with that one.
MaryKatherine

nativetexan 02-21-2013 08:57 AM

He, he, he. I know what you mean!!! love the Avatar you have now anyway. :thumbup:

QuiltnNan 02-21-2013 10:58 AM

LOL. i always have my hair done before going for a renewal. but i often forget lipstick and pull my chin in, instead of jutting it out to get rid of the double chin LOL. i love your avatar and find it, and others, helpful to go back through a thread to find a particular member's post that i wanted to reread.

Chasing Hawk 02-21-2013 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of me a few years ago. I tried working as an astronaut but they told me I couldn't bring my sewing machine.

I would add it as my avatar but I love my squirrel icon he is just to cute.

MaryKatherine 02-21-2013 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5878204)
Here is one of me a few years ago. I tried working as an astronaut but they told me I couldn't bring my sewing machine.

I would add it as my avatar but I love my squirrel icon he is just to cute.

Just love it>
MK

Tartan 02-21-2013 11:49 AM

My Driver's license picture is enough to scare even me! You can't smile, you have to take off your glasses and they take it so fast with no do-overs. The picture looked like a angry, squinty eyed, double chinned mug shot.

Pollytink 02-21-2013 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5878283)
My Driver's license picture is enough to scare even me! You can't smile, you have to take off your glasses and they take it so fast with no do-overs. The picture looked like a angry, squinty eyed, double chinned mug shot.

Why can't you smile? And I left my glasses on last time. Oh...Canada, right? Different up there! I always lie a bit about my weight!!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-21-2013 04:04 PM

I kind of like it when people leave their avatar the same. After a time, the avatar kind of becomes the person's "face" and I recognize them as I would a friend at the store. When someone changes theirs, it is kind of a shock.

GEMRM 02-21-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5878844)
I kind of like it when people leave their avatar the same. After a time, the avatar kind of becomes the person's "face" and I recognize them as I would a friend at the store. When someone changes theirs, it is kind of a shock.

I agree! I identify the avatar with the person's posts

Chasing Hawk 02-21-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5878844)

Lisa,

Does this mean you see me as a little bit squirrely or just a squirrel hanging out?..............LOL