Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Christmas present (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-christmas-present-t259068.html)

Chasing Hawk 01-01-2015 10:34 PM

My Christmas present

7 Attachment(s)
My present was 5 1/2 weeks in the making. I knew what I was getting.
Because I had to pick the set out. I got a new front loader washer and the matching dryer.
Being 5' 4" I couldn't reach the bottom of the tub on the old washer. I had to stand on my tippy toes
or use a grabber thing........lol

And after the new set was delivered my husband totally redid my laundry room too.

And here are the results...........

I now have a drawer for my laundry supplies. My cute new hamper has it's own spot.
Since my cabinets had to be relocated to the garage, I got new shelves....yay!!
I can move some of the lesser used small kitchen appliances onto the shelves
to have more room in my cabinets.
And best of all.......Kola has a bit of privacy now when she is doing her business.

I love my new washer and dryer......
they sing when the cycle is done.
The dryer has light in the drum, in case I want to load and unload it in the dark..lol
And it's big enough to wash and dry the quilts and blankets in!!

Anniedeb 01-01-2015 10:47 PM

Wow...Looks really nice....I'm jealous! My next house will have laundry on the main floor! I have the old laundry room in the basement, and my washer/dryer don't match, and I have to use a magnet to hold my dryer door shut, and my washer dances around...did I mention I'm jealous???;)!!

Jan in VA 01-01-2015 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb (Post 7030436)
....I'm jealous!.......I have the old laundry room in the basement, and my washer/dryer don't match, and I have to use a magnet to hold my dryer door shut, and my washer dances around...did I mention I'm jealous???;)!!

ME TOO!! In this old cottage I live in, the washer is in the kitchen beside the refrigerator and the unmatched dryer in on the back screened porch. It's cold out there at this time of year! :rolleyes:

Jan in VA

BETTY62 01-02-2015 12:30 AM

What a great Christmas gift. I love it.

NJ Quilter 01-02-2015 02:32 AM

Very nice set up! I don't have matching units either but that's ok. What I DO love is that my washer & dryer are on the 2nd floor of the house with the bedrooms; bathroom; sewing room so no running up/down stairs with loads of laundry all the time!

Tartan 01-02-2015 04:21 AM

Pretty spiffy laundry room!

sandy l 01-02-2015 04:34 AM

Now that's really nice.

Geri B 01-02-2015 06:10 AM

Great new laundry room...good luck.....I too put a long shelf above the door of the LR....hold many "used once a year" thing...and no one sees it but me!

tessagin 01-02-2015 06:24 AM

Our laundry shed is in the carport. It also houses the hot water heater. Atleast the carport is covered. Doesn't take me long to get the laundry done. If anything sits in the dryer (like when I'm gone)and cools off. I have to turn it on again for a short time or get the iron hooked up. I'm not pressing shirts anymore than I absolutely have to. My appliances don't match and I also have to use a grabber or small step stool. I'm only 5'1", so I'm nearly upside down with the bigger top loader. Guess I didn't say I'm jealous but I am.

M.Elizabeth 01-02-2015 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter (Post 7030464)
What I DO love is that my washer & dryer are on the 2nd floor of the house with the bedrooms; bathroom; sewing room so no running up/down stairs with loads of laundry all the time!

I'm jealous of this! I don't worry about "matching". Since I've developed major arthritis problems and had both hip joints replaced, that running up and down the stairs is no fun. I would love my laundry room on the main floor, but it won't happen anytime soon. Fortunately, my husband has taken over the "up and down", although I sort, fold, hang, etc.